- Field Experience Requests and course rosters are to be submitted to CPDT.
- Clear Creek ISD will continue to host Field Experience for the fall 2020 semester by providing a maximum of 15 observation only hours per student to be scheduled face to face or virtually should the district have to move to an all virtual format at times during the semester. If there are multiple placements for a student in CCISD, the instructors will need to collaborate to determine how many field experience hours will be conducted for each course within the 15 hour limit. Students will need to notify their instructors of multiple field placements in CCISD.
- Placements will be determined by Human Resources and the various campuses. With CCISD’s
online option for the ’20-’21 school year together with the current health crisis,
it is possible that Clear Creek ISD may not have as many teachers volunteer to host
Field Experience. Instructors wishing to place an entire class or even a large number
of students, should contact Barbara Morrison in CCISD HR at 281-284-0149 to seek approval
before submitting their Field Experience Request to the CPDT. Ms. Morrison will need
to interface with principals with the exception of McWhirter. Instructors with connections
in other districts may want to consider those options. All visitors will be expected
to comply with District requirements for masks and social distancing.
(McWhirter Elementary ONLY: Instructors may contact Dr. Laurie Weaver regarding placements.)
- CPDT will notify instructors of student eligibility when determined and notified by the district.
- Instructors will notify students of eligibility.
- Once notified by CPDT of approvals, instructor will then contact the campus principal to work out all teacher needs, placements and scheduling details.
- A maximum of 15 observation only hours per student are allowed for field experience for fall 2020. If a student has multiple placements for CCISD, the student needs to notify their instructors of the multiple field placements prior to completing the online application.
- Log on to www.ccisd.net
- Click on JOB OPENINGS
- Type FIELD EXPERIENCE in the search box to bring up the observation application
- Complete the application online making sure you attach a program verification.
- You can easily prepare a verification and attach as a word document.
- The following information is needed on the document: Your Name, Your Course Name and number, your professor’s name and the semester.
- If you are observing in CCISD for multiple courses, please list the additional courses and professors on the same sheet.
- If you prefer, you may attach your course syllabus instead.
- The application will NOT submit without a course verification attachment.
- Submit the application online.
- YOU ARE EXPECTED TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION PROMPTLY.
- Please be aware that a name-based background check will be performed by CCISD HR. Background eligibility results are reported on a shared spreadsheet with the UHCL Center for Professional Development of Teachers.
- You must submit a new Field Experience Application with a new course verification each semester.