- Alvin ISD will begin accepting Field Experience Requests on September 3, 2020.
- Instructors must consult the Alvin ISD Classroom Observations page, scroll to the bottom of the page and review the Blackout Dates information prior to submitting Field Experience Requests.
- Field Experience Requests, course rosters and students’ completed Consent and Disclosure for Background Check and Observation Request forms are to be submitted to CPDT.
- Alvin ISD requires 7-10 business days to process background checks and other paperwork. Please submit Field Experience Requests and all other required documentation at least two weeks prior to the proposed start date.
- Placements will be determined by Human Resources and the various campuses. Neither students, nor instructors are to contact the district/campuses regarding placements until eligibility has been determined.
- CPDT will notify instructors of student eligibility when determined and notified by the district.
- Human Resources notifies students directly, via email, immediately upon approval.
- Human Resources notifies CPDT of student eligibility. CPDT will notify instructors.
- Once instructors are notified of student eligibility, instructors must contact Lisa Burns, Director of Professional Learning at email@example.com to secure campus placements.
- Students are to follow the Alvin ISD Classroom Observation Instructions.
- Student prints, completes and submits to instructors the Consent & Disclosure for Background Check and Observation Request Form.
- UHCL students are NOT required to submit a University Observation Approval Letter.
- Alvin ISD requires 7-10 business days to process background checks and other paperwork. Please complete the online background check and submit all required documents to your instructor promptly.
- Alvin ISD conducts the background check.
- Once cleared, an approval letter is emailed directly to the student.
- Student then calls the school to arrange observation schedule.
- When student arrives on campus, he or she must show the approval letter and student/state identification to school administration and check in at the front office of the campus.
- Student completes observation hours.