Judith Márquez, Ph.D.
Department Chair of Counseling, Special Education and Diversity and Professor of Bilingual
and Multicultural Education,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- English as a Second Language
- Bilingual Education
- MÁrquez, J.A. and Weaver, L.R. (1997, Feb.) Espanol para el maestro bilingue: Expresión comunicative. Paper presented at the Twenty-Sixth Annual International Bilingual/Bicultural Conference of the National Association for Bilingual Education, Albuquerque, NM.
- Blanco, G., Contreras, V., and Márquez, J. (1995). ¡Ahora si!: Expresion comunicative para hispanohablantes. Boston, MA: Heinle and Heinle.
- Bermúdez, A.B., and Márquez, J.A. (1994). Examining the impact of home language environments on classroom practices. Compendium of Readings on Bilingual Education. Texas Association for Bilingual Education.
- Weaver, L.R., Márquez, J.A., and Minter, N. (in press). Mainstream Classroom Teachers' Perceptions of English Language Learners and the Language Learning Process. Wesleyan Review of Education.
- Bermúdez, A.B., and Márquez J.A. (1996). An Examination of a Four-Way Collaborative to Increase Parental Involvement in the Schools. The Journal of Educational Issues of Language Minority Students, Special Issue, 16 pp. 1-16.
- Dixon, L., and Márquez, J.A. (1996, March). Examining Bilingual Teachers' Self-Confidence Levels. Paper presented at the 25th Annual Bilingual / Multicultural Conference of the National Association for Bilingual Education, Orlando, FL.
Awards and Accomplishments
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers, 1996.