Lawrence T. Kajs, Ed.D.
Professor of Educational Leadership,
College of Education
- Kajs, L. T., Schumacher, G., & Vital, C. A. (2014). Physical assault of school personnel. The Clearing House: A journal of educational strategies, issues, and ideas, 87(3), 91-96. DOI: 10.1080/00098655.2014.891879 [1939-912X online]
- Matthew, K. I., Kajs, L. T., & Matthew, M. E. (2014). Collegiality as a factor in promotion & tenure decisions. West's Education Law Reporter, 300(1), 23-28.
- Grigsby, B., Vital, C. A., & Kajs, L. T. (2014). Legal issues and responsible practices in addressing public school student enrollment policies and procedures. West's Education Law Reporter 298(2), 640-647.
- Vital, C. A., Schumacher, G., & Kajs, L. T. (2012). Laws and responsible practices to address physical assault against teachers. West's Education Law Reporter, 276(2), 553-559.
- Simieou, F., Grigsby, B. L., Kajs, L. T., & Matthew, K. I. (2011). Legal issues and responsible practices regarding disability accommodations in postsecondary education. West's Education Law Reporter, 262(1), 9-15.
- Kajs, L. T., & McCollum, D. L. (2010). Dealing with ambiguity: Assessment of tolerance for ambiguity in the context of school leadership. Academy of Educational Leadership Journal, 14(Special Issue), 77-91.
- Kajs, L. T., Vital, C. A., & Folger, S. L. (2010). Legal issues and responsible practices for school chaperones. West's Education Law Reporter, 252(1), 1-7.
- Kajs, L. T., & McCollum, D. L. (2009). Examining tolerance for ambiguity in the domain of educational leadership. Academy of Educational Leadership Journal, 13(2), 1-16.
- McCollum, D. L., & Kajs, L. T. (2009). A confirmatory factor analytic study of the goal orientation theory of motivation in educational leadership. Educational Research Quarterly, 33(1), 3-17.
- McCollum, D. L., & Kajs, L. T. (2009). Examining the relationship between school administrators' efficacy and goal orientations. Educational Research Quarterly, 32(3), 29-46.
Courses (Current Academic Year)
- ADSU 6030 Introduction to Educational Leadership
- ADSU 6235 Administration of Special Programs
- ADSU 6432 Management Theory
- ADSU 6434 Administration of School Personnel
- ADSU 6437 School Law
- ADSU 6638 School Community Relations
- ADSU 6739 Graduate Internship
- EDLS 7238 Marketing of Educational Services for Nonprofit Organizations
- EDLS 8939 Dissertation
My research activities focus on administrative strategies/programs that address a proactive approach for school improvement. Topics include efficacy, tolerance for ambiguity, and mentoring and technology to strengthen knowledge and skills of school administrators and schoolteachers (classroom leaders), as well as the implementation of organizational processes to better address academic and social needs of all classroom students.
Awards and Accomplishments
- 2010 Distinguished President's Research Award from UHCL
- 2009 University Fellowship Award for Exemplary Accomplishments in Teaching, Research, and Service from UHCL
- 2009 Distinguished Research Award from Allied Academies, Fall International Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- 2008 Visiting Scholar at the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB)
- 2006 Distinguished Research Award from Allied Academies, Spring International Conference, New Orleans, LA
- 2006 Service Award from the Texas Council on K-12 Schools of Southern Association of Colleges & Schools (SACS)