Terry Chvala, M.A.T.
Senior Lecturer of Early Childhood Education,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- Elementary and Early Childhood Education, ages 3-8
- Pre-Service Internship Supervision
- Teacher Education Advisory Committee
- Shulsky, D., Baker S., Chvala, T. & Willis J. (2017, June) International Journal of Development Education and Global Learning Volume 9, Number 1, June 2017, pp. 49-63(15) Cultivating Layered Literacies: Developing the Global Child to Become Tomorrow’s Global Citizen.
- Graves, S. L., Chvala, T. A., Brown, A.L., Huss-Keeler, R., Jain, P. (equally credited authors). (2019). UHCL Program Review-Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Interdisciplinary Studies – Educator of Young Children. Submitted to the Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost.
- Brown, A. L., Chvala, T., Graves, S., Huss-Keeler, R., Jain, P. (equally credited authors). (2018). Early Childhood Leadership Initiative Addendum. Proposal presented to Samuel’s Foundation by the Early Childhood Faculty.
- Brown, A. L., Chvala, T., Graves, S., Huss-Keeler, R., Jain, P. (equally credited authors). (2018). Proposal for the Hawk Early Learning Center at the University of Houston - Clear Lake. Proposal presented to President’s office by the Early Childhood Faculty.
Courses (Current Academic Year)
- TCED 5032 National Board Preparation for K-12 Educators I
- TCED 5033 National Board Preparation for K-12 Educators II
- TCED 4378 Traditional Internship I
- TCED 4736 IMAX Internship I
- TCED 4737 THECB Aide Project (Internship)
- ECED 4302 Integrated Curriculum for Young Children
- ECED 4311 Reading Development in Young Children
- ECED 4314 Observational and Developmental Assessment of Young Children
- ECED 1311 Historical and Recent Trends – Early Childhood (Hybrid and 100% Fully Online)
- ECED 1318 Nutrition, Health & Safety (Hybrid and 100% Fully Online)
- ECED 1354 Developmental Theories in Young Children – (Hybrid and 100% Fully Online)
- Recruiting and Retaining Quality Teachers
- Elevating the Teaching Profession
- Pre-service Teacher Education Internship Program
- Developing the Global Child through Layered Literacies
Awards and Accomplishments
- UHCL President's Outstanding Lecturer Award 2018
- National Board Certified Teacher