Tamekia Cathright, Ph.D., LPC, NCC
Visiting Assisting Professor,
College of Education
Dr. Tamekia Cathright is a visiting assistant professor in the Department of Counseling, Special Education, & Diversity. She holds a Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision. Dr. Cathright is a licensed professional counselor (LPC) in Alabama and Texas and a national certified counselor (NCC). She is also a member of the American Counseling Association (ACA), Alabama Counseling Association (ALCA), Texas Counseling Association (TACES), and the Chi Sigma Iota Counseling Academic and Professional Honor Society.
Areas of Expertise
- Private practice and clinical supervision
- Multicultural, diversity and inclusivity issues
- Destigmatizing mental health
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cathright, T. & Hatfield, T. (under review). Fairness. The SAGE Encyclopedia of Multicultural Counseling, Social Justice, and Advocacy.