Sandra Browning, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Curriculum and Instruction,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- Divoll, K., & Browning, S. T. (2013). Read the text, as if! The reading retention strategy. The International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 7(1). Retrieved from http://academics.georgiasouthern.edu/ijsotl/v7n1.html
- Divoll, K., Browning, S. T., & Vesey, W. (2012). The ticket to increasing students' concept retention. Mountain Rise: The International Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 7(2), 1-17. Retrieved from http://mountainrise.wcu.edu/index.php/MtnRise
- Divoll, K., & Browning, S. T. (2010, July). The "classroom ticket" to concept retention. International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 4(2). Retrieved from http://academics.georgiasouthern.edu/ijsotl/v4n2/articles/PDFs/_DivollBrowning.pdf
- Divoll, K., Browning, S. T., & Vesey, W. (2012). The ticket to retention: A classroom assessment technique designed to improve student learning. The Journal of Effective Teaching, 12(2), 45-64. Retrieved from http://www.uncw.edu/cte/et/
- Browning, S. T., & Beauford, J. E. (2011). Language and number values: The influence of the number names on children's understanding of place value. Investigations in Mathematical Learning, 4(2), 1-24.
- Gloyna, L., West, S., Martin, P., & Browning, S. T. (2010). Metric-asarus: Conceptualizing scale using dinosaur models. Science Scope, 34(3), 52-57.
- McCormack, S., & Browning, S. T. (2013). The worm invasion: Integrating social studies with math and children's literature. The Social Studies Texan, 29(2), 24-25.
- West, S., & Browning, S. T. (2011). Confusing language for science and mathematics students. The Texas Science Teacher, 40(1), 6-13.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Browning, S. & Willis, J. M. (2014, March). Concrete vs. Virtual: Perceptions of Teacher Candidates on Manipulative Materials. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics. San Antonio, TX.
- West, S. & Browning, S. T. (2014, January). Correlated Science and Mathematics Professional Development. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Hawaii International Conference on Education. Honolulu, HI.
- Questioning Strategies in Mathematics Classrooms
- Integrated Mathematics and Science-Middle School
- Explicit Number Names-Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Algebraic Thinking-Middle School and High School