Lillian Benavente-McEnery, Ed.D
Professor of Reading and Language Arts,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- Reading motivation and engagement
- Family literacy
- Effective learning environments
Refereed Articles and Chapters
- Boske, C., & Benavente-McEnery, L. (2011). The quiet roar: Assistant principals leading for social justice. In A. Shoho, B. Barnett, & A. Tooms (Eds.), Examining the assistant principalship: New puzzles and perennial challenges for the 21st Century. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Boske, C., & Benavente-McEnery, L. (2010). Taking it to the streets: A new line of inquiry for households, schools, and communities. Journal of School Leadership, 20(3), 369-398.
- Benavente-McEnery, L., Bickham, B., Boske, C., Foster, A., Markello, C., McCormack, S., McDonald, D., Mullins, H., Lopez Pedrana, A., Poembeauf, R., Witschonke, C., Craig, C. (2008). The faculty academy: A place for grounding and growth. In C. Craig & L.F. Deretchin (Eds.), Imagining a renaissance in teacher education. Teacher Education Yearbook XVII (pp. 343-366). Lanham, Maryland: Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group.
- Case, K., McEnery, L, & Bartsch, R. (2008). Establishing a comfortable classroom from day one: Student perceptions of the reciprocal interview. College Teaching, 56 (4), 210-215.
- Wagner, P.A., & Benavente-McEnery, L. (2008). Genuine religious tolerance: Is it a thing of the past in public schools? Interchange, 39 (3), 327-50.
- Wagner, P.A., & Benavente-McEnery, L. (2008). The autistic society and its classrooms. The Educational Forum, 72, 319-28.
- Benavente-McEnery, L., & Wright, N. (2006). Building bridges of understanding: The power of story. International Journal of Humanities, 3 (2).
- Wagner, P.A., & Benavente-McEnery, L. (2006, February). Education: Misunderstood problems and failed solutions. Current Issues in Education, 9 (2), available at http://cie.edu.asu.edu/volume9/number2/index.html.
- Wagner, P.A., & Benavente-McEnery, L. (2006). Masterminding science education: Cost and pedagogical potency in science education . International Journal of Science Education, 10 (4) . Available at http://wolfweb.unr.edu/homepage/crowther/ejse/wagneretal.pdf.
- Benavente-McEnery, L. (2005, Fall). Teens share their views on technology. Academic Exchange Quarterly, 9 (3) 51-56.
- Parker, G., Cole, D., Fetter, B. Hollier, D., Munselle (McEnery), Murphy, T., Raji, O. Smithwick, C., Wright, L.(1998). The Learning Connection: AERA's Annual Meeting as a Catalyst. Educational Researcher, 24(1), 28-31.