Teacher Education Program
Teach: Ignite Curiosity. Step into the profession of education and make a difference for generations of learners by choosing a degree in the Teacher Education Program (TCED). Whether you are an inspiring teacher, practicing teacher, or educational leader, we offer degrees that focus on the preparation and development of dedicated educators who will work with learners at the elementary, middle, secondary, and university levels. Our goal is to help ensure the success of learners of all ages by preparing high-quality and experienced educators grounded in the most current teaching practices.
Personalized Learning Experiences
TCED faculty are dedicated to creating personalized learning experiences for all candidates in our program. Small class sizes provide an individualized approach to instruction as facilitated by accessible instructors with numerous years of educational expertise across a variety of grade levels and content specialties. The curriculum of each degree includes integration of the most current educational methodologies and research while offering classes in a variety of formats to assure flexible scheduling options. Practical experiences are integrated at all levels and include undergraduate classroom observational and teaching opportunities, and graduate self-designed practicum experiences.
For information on applying to the Initial Teacher Education Program (TEP) or an Advanced Educator Certification Program, please visit our Educator Certification website.
- Bachelor of Science in Education with Core Subjects EC-6 (Early Childhood Concentration)
- Bachelor of Science in Education with Core Subjects 4-8
- Bachelor of Science in Education with Core Subjects 4-8 and ESL Supplemental
- Bachelor of Science in Education with Core Subjects EC-6 (Literacy Concentration)
- Bachelor of Science in Education with Core Subjects EC-6 and ESL Supplemental
- Bachelor of Science in Education with Core Subjects EC-6 and Bilingual Supplemental
- Bachelor of Science in Education with Core Subjects EC-6 and Special Education EC-12
- Bachelor of Science in Education with Science 4-8
- Bachelor of Science in Education with Social Studies 4-8
Joint certificates with degrees from the College of Human Sciences and Humanities
- Literature B.A with Grades 4-8 English Language Arts and Reading Certification
- Literature B.A with Grades 7-12 English Language Arts and Reading Certification
- Geography B.S. with Social Studies 7-12 Certification
- History B.A. with Grades 7-12 Social Studies Certification
- History B.A. with Grades 7-12 History Certification
- Art and Design B.F.A. with Grades EC-12 Art Certification
- Fitness and Human Performance B.S. with Grades EC-12 Physical Education Certification
Joint Certificates with degrees from the College of Science and Engineering degrees
- Mathematical Science B.A. with Mathematics 4-8 Certification
- Mathematical Science B.S. with Mathematics 7-12 Certification
- Mathematical Science B.A. with Mathematics 7-12 Certification
- Biological Science B.A. with Life Sciences 7-12 Certification
The College of Education is accredited by the State Board for Educator Certification/Texas Education Agency.
We’ve earned national recognition for accomplishment and innovation, including the Christa McAuliffe Award for Excellence in Teacher Education.