- Freshman Deadlines
Priority - February 1
Final (Summer Session I) - June 10*
Final (Summer Session II) - July 15*
*Online application closes May 21. Freshman students applying after May 21 must submit all required documents along with paper application to the Office of Admissions.
Priority - February 1
Final - August 1
Priority - September 1
Final - December 1
- Transfer Deadlines
Fall 2018Priority – August 13
Final – August 27
Spring 2019Priority – January 14
Final and Session Start – January 22
Summer 2019Priority Deadline (Summer I and II)– May 28
Final (Summer I) – June 10
Final (Summer II) – July 15
Fall 2019Priority - August 12
Final and Session Start - August 26
Summer I and II Priority Application deadline for undergraduate transfer, former and non-degree seeking undergraduate/graduate students. Students who apply after this date must submit all required documentation with their paper application in the Office of Admissions and will be processed for late registration.
Graduate Application and Deadlines
- Counseling M.S.
Fall: March 1
Spring: September 1
- The graduate test score is waived for applicants who have earned a 3.000 GPA in the last 60 hours of coursework; or
- Applicants who have earned less than 3.000 in the last 60 hours of coursework, are
required to submit one of the following:
- A combined GRE score of 294 and a writing score of 3.5
- An MAT score of 390 minimum
- Applicants holding a Master's degree from an accredited institution are not required to submit GRE or MAT scores.
- Applicants must submit three (3) Professional Recommendation Forms
- Once a completed application is received by the Counseling program, it will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review. A committee member will contact the applicant for an on-campus interview, after which, a final admissions decision will be made.
School Counselor program applicants only must also submit the following:
- Signed FERPA Form
- Certificate of completion of online TEA Ethics Training
- Texas Teacher Service Record from School District HR office
- Valid Standard Texas Teacher Certificate
- Background Check Verification Form
- Certificates of completion from TEA required school district training on Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Youth Suicide Prevention
- TEA Application Fee Receipt