- Freshman Deadlines
Priority - February 1
Final (Summer Session I) - June 8
Final (Summer Session II) - July 13
Priority - February 1
Final - August 1
Priority - September 1
Final - December 1
- Transfer Deadlines
Spring 2020Priority - January 1
Final - January 21
Summer 2020Priority – May 25
Final (Summer Session I) – June 8
Final (Summer Session II) – July 13
Fall 2020Priority - August 1
Final - August 21
Spring 2021Priority - January 4
Final - January 19
Online applications close for transfer students after the Priority Deadline. Students who apply after the priority deadline must submit all required documentation with their paper application to the Office of Admissions and will be processed for late registration.
Graduate Application and Deadlines
- Counseling M.S. and Clinical Mental Health Counseling M.S.
Fall: March 1
Spring: September 1
- The graduate test score is waived for applicants who have earned a 3.000 GPA in the last 60 hours of coursework; or
- Applicants who have earned less than 3.000 in the last 60 hours of coursework, are
required to submit one of the following:
- A combined GRE score of 294 and a writing score of 3.5
- An MAT score of 390 minimum
- Applicants holding a Master's degree from an accredited institution are not required to submit GRE or MAT scores.
- Applicants must submit three (3) Professional Recommendation Forms, which are included in the Program Application.
- Once a completed application is received by the Counseling program, it will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review. A committee member will contact the applicant for an on-campus interview, after which, a final admissions decision will be made.
School Counselor program applicants only must also submit the following:
- Signed FERPA Form
- Certificate of completion of online TEA Ethics Training
- Texas Teacher Service Record from School District HR office
- Valid Standard Texas Teacher Certificate
- Background Check Verification Form
- Certificates of completion from TEA required school district training on Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Youth Suicide Prevention
- TEA Application Fee Receipt