Basic Drone Operator
Basic sUAS Flight Training and 107 Pilot Test Prep
Learn from our specialized team of instructors, comprised of manned pilots and drone business owners. Our classes are engaging, dynamic, and extremely informative. Curriculum is vetted and certified by AUVSI, the leading UAS industry association, to ensure professional quality.
3 Day Training Course
July 15-17, 2022
8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m
This course is best suited for those who:
- Are looking to get commercially licensed to fly a drone
- Already fly, but want to take their equipment knowledge and skills to the next level
- Want to take full advantage of their drone's capabilities
- Want a prep course for passing the FAA Part 107 Commercial Drone License Exam
- Are interested in taking the Advanced Industry Training Programs. (This course is a prerequisite)
Curriculum Designed to Ensure Success
Basic sUAS Flight Training Curriculum
This course is designed to provide future drone pilots with training that covers all subjects in the FAA Remote Pilot certification test such as FAA regulations, US Airspace System, Sectional Charts, Airport Operations, Weather and Drone Flight Operations. This training will prepare trainees to pass the FAA Remote Pilot Knowledge test successfully. In addition, the course provides hands-on training for better understanding the drone technology and how to operate drones safely. Trainees will receive flight instructions and feedback during the field training that will help them to improve their skills in flying drones and performing key maneuvers.
- Providing in-person training to prepare for the FAA remote pilot certification
- Providing field training in drone control and drone operations.
- Understand FAA regulations in operating drones
- Know about drone technology and sensor types
- Gain field drone operation skills
- The Drone Revolution
- Drone Flight Operations
- System Set Up
- The DJI Go App
- Flight Walkthrough
- Advanced Settings
- Mission Specific Settings
- Airport Operations
- Autonomous Flight
- Manual flying vs Autonomous flying
Part 107 Drone Pilot Test Prep Curriculum
This course covers all materials required for Part 107 Commercial Drone Regulations. To fly under FAA Part 107, you need to pass the FAA Drone Pilot test called the Airman Knowledge Test
- Prepares the student with a strong foundation for career development in the commercial unmanned aerial systems industry as a 14 CFR Part 107 Remote Pilot.
- This program prepares students for employment in the field of UAS both as a Pilot, Operations Technician, and a Line-of-Sight Observer.
- Expands opportunities for those currently employed in the industry seeking a better understanding of how to leverage and manage UAS-based resources for enhancing commerce and exploring new entrepreneurial opportunities.
- FAA Regulations
- US Airspace System
- Flight Restrictions
- Sectional Chart Study
- Airport Operations
- Radio Communications
- Aviation Weather
- Maintenance and Preflight Procedures
- Crew Resource Management and Aeronautical Decision Making
- sUAS Loading and Performance
- Hazards to Flight and Emergency Procedures
- Aviation Physiology
- Taking The Exam