Aerial Mapping and Modeling
High-quality maps can be produced more quickly and cheaply than with traditional methods, and the demand for drone mapping services is growing rapidly. This workshop is designed to teach students how to use the latest drone mapping technology to collect, analyze and export high-quality mapping and modeling data for commercial use.
Summer dates, times and cost will be available soon.
This course is best suited for those who:
- Are new to mapping yet as well as those with mapping experience looking to specialize in aerial mapping
- Are interested in obtaining a drone job in aerial mapping
- Looking to successfully execute aerial mapping missions
Two Day Workshop Schedule
The Aerial Mapping and Modeling Workshop is an advanced training course. To attend the Workshop, we require students to understand how to safely operate a drone. Students attending Aerial Mapping and Modeling workshop should be Part 107 certified. The class does not teach about how to fly a drone.
Not flying drones or not FAA Certified to Fly Commercially yet?
Check out our Basic Drone Operator course.
- Lesson 1: Intro to Mapping & Modeling
- Lesson 2: Aerial Photogrammetry
- Lesson 3: Getting Started with DroneDeploy
- Flight Session 1: Collecting 2D Map Data
- Lesson 4: 3D Modeling
- Lesson 5: Using the Map Engine
- Flight Session 2: Collecting 3D Modeling Data
Data Analysis and Accuracy
- Lesson 6: Analyzing Your Data
- Lesson 7: Map Accuracy
- Lesson 8: Ground Control Points
- Flight Session 3: Using Ground Control Points
- Lesson 9: Exporting Your Data
- Lesson 10: The DroneDeploy App Market