Drones have proven themselves to be a valuable tool for inspections across dozens of industries and use cases. Drones provide a safe and effective method to gather high-definition imagery of roofs, structures, infrastructure, and other areas where damage can occur. Beyond visual imaging, thermal technology can also be utilized to identify water damage, faulty electrical components, and insulation degradation. This two-day intensive Workshop will teach students how to safely and effectively maneuver their aircraft in order to gather and analyze the data necessary for a successful inspection.
Summer dates, times and cost will be available soon.
This course is best suited for those who:
- Are new to inspections as well as students with inspections experience looking to learn about aerial inspections
- Have an interest in completing aerial inspection jobs
- Are interested in obtaining a drone job in aerial inspection
- Looking to safely and effectively maneuver their aircraft in order to gather and analyze the data necessary for a successful inspection
Two Day Workshop Schedule
The Aerial Inspection Workshop is an advanced training course. To attend the Workshop, we require students to understand how to safely operate a drone. Students attending Aerial Inspection workshop should be Part 107 certified. The class does not teach about how to fly a drone.
Not flying drones or not FAA Certified to Fly Commercially yet?
Check out our Basic Drone Operator course.
Aerial Inspection with sUAS Basics
- Lesson 1: Use Cases for Aerial Inspections
- Lesson 2: Intro to Aerial Inspections with sUAS
- Lesson 3: Aerial Inspection Techniques
- Flight Session 1: Manual Inspection Profiles
- Lesson 4: Capturing Quality Imagery
- Lesson 5: Managing Drone Emergencies
- Flight Session 2: Camera Optimization/Emergencies
- Lesson 6: Preflight Planning
- Lesson 7: On-Site Assessment
- Lesson 8: Crew Coordination
- Lesson 9: Mapping & Modeling for Aerial Inspection
- Flight Session 3: Mapping and Modeling
- Lesson 10: Intro to Thermal Imaging
- Flight Session 4: Thermal Imaging Demonstration
- Lesson 11: Using What You've Learned