To Register for this Service
Registration is valid for the current 2016 hurricane season only. Seats are reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis. Complete the following forms either typed or printed legibly:
Submit these forms in person, along with a clear photocopy of your UHCL Student ID card, to the Student Assistance Center (SAC) in SSCB 1.102. A registration confirmation will be sent to your UHCL email account.
Note: Registration forms/documents will not be accepted if information is not complete or legible.
What To Bring
- Current UHCL ID
- Passport, I-20/Immigration documents
- Driver's license and important documents
- Students are limited to 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag
- Clothes and toiletries for 5-7 days
- Pillow, blanket, towels and medications
- Water and snacks for bus ride
- Money-cash: You may have to purchase your own food and power outages may affect ATMs, credit card and check transactions.
Changes to Your Forms and Documents
It is your responsibility to notify the Student Assistance Center if your information changes.
In the Event of an Evacuation
You are notified by phone/email. Report to SAC at the time specified by the phone/email notification. Bring your current UHCL ID and other items listed in the What to Bring section. You will be directed to an evacuation bus.
Be aware that notification time can vary greatly. Not only do hurricanes develop at different rates (sometimes in just hours), but the threat to our area must be assessed by weather and government officials.
At the Emergency Shelter
Expect very basic accommodations. You must abide by the emergency shelter's rules and UHCL's Student Code of Conduct. (See Student Rights and Responsibilities (pdf), reference: Student Life Policies Handbook.)
For More Information
- To view a summary about hurricane evacuation at UHCL, Download the Student Hurricane Evacuation Information Flyer.
- If you have questions about this service, Contact the Student Assistance Center (SAC).
- To read more about hurricane preparation, view Hurricane Preparation Kit (pdf, 1MB).
- Flood, Hurricane and Storm Surge Links