The Dean of Students office is responsible for overseeing and administering the student travel policy for UHCL. This policy is described in the University of Houston System Administrative Memorandum 03.E.08 and can be viewed at Travel by Students to Component University Funded Activity. The Dean of Students office is available to assist you in organizing and overseeing your student travel. Documents that may assist you include:
Student and Traveler Waivers
All student travelers must complete and submit to your organizer the appropriate university waiver and release form. Please choose the appropriate form:
Faculty & Staff
If you are involved in student travel that is “organized, arranged, or coordinated” by your university department, registered student organization, or by you in your role as a university employee, there are certain things you must do in advance of the trip.
Student travel to destinations greater than 25 miles away requires that the following items be completed:
- Read, review and follow guidelines outlined in the University of Houston System Administrative Memorandum 03.E.08, Travel by Students to Component University Funded Activity.
- Create a record of the student travel, including the following information:
- Full name of each traveler
- Emergency contact information for each traveler
- Dates of travel
- Mode of travel
- Purpose of the trip (e.g., class trip)
- Completed liability waivers for each traveler
- Submit this record to the Dean of Students office at least two weeks in advance of travel.
- Read the Travel & Insurance Tips from the Office of Risk Management.
- Check for health insurance for any overnight stay.
- If students are to be used as drivers: