Fall 2020 Program Details
Reminder: Students submitting receipts for Summer 2020 must submit to the Office of Financial Aid by Friday, August 7th. Those receipts should have been dated on or before July 31st, 2020.
For currently enrolled UHCL students who do not have a reliable computer we have launched the Online Learning Assistance and Reimbursement Program (oLARP).
- Provides a one-time reimbursement for up to 80% of eligible expense toward the purchase of a laptop/desktop/tablet (applied to a maximum $800 of a computer purchase)
- Currently enrolled UHCL student (i.e., students enrolled for the Fall 2020 semester)
- Active FAFSA or TASFA on file with Financial Aid - student must have a 2020-2021 FAFS/TASFA
- A course load of 6 or more graded SCHs
- Receipt of purchased laptop/desktop/tablet dated 8/1/2020 through 11/30/2020
- Students must have been enrolled when purchase was made
- Peripherals and other consumables are not eligible.
- Students must submit an email to Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org with supporting documentation of hardship and their purchase receipt.
- Students can only receive one reimbursement during their student career at UHCL, students who received the oLARP reimbursement in the spring or summer term(s), will not receive another reimbursement.
Determine what your maximum reimbursement would be:
The Expected Family Contribution (EFC), calculated by the US Department of Education based on information completed by student 2020-2021 FAFSA application. Please contact Office of Financial Aid to discuss eligibility, processes and reimbursement. The Office of Financial Aid is here to assist you.
- 80% refund of computer purchase (maximum $640) = $0 to $5576 EFC
- 75% refund of computer purchase (maximum $600) = $5577 to $10,000 EFC
- 50% refund of computer purchase (maximum $400) = $10,000 to 15,000 EFC
- 25% refund of computer purchase (maximum $200) = $15,000 or higher EFC
- *Students must exhibit financial need to be awarded – based on the student’s financial aid package some students will not qualify, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid if you have questions.
How to apply
Students must submit an email to Financial Aid at email@example.com with their supporting documentation of hardship along with their receipt to the Office of Student Financial Aid.
As indicated above, the receipt must be dated during the term and dates indicated above, 8/1/2020 through 11/30/2020. Purchases made outside of these dates, will not be accepted.
Students can still submit their receipt after the semester ends, but the computer must have been purchased during the dates specified above and they needed to have been enrolled in the semester the purchase was made.
*Reimbursement consists of Emergency grant funds. Any funds awarded will be applied to any existing charges on the student account first. If the student account is paid in full, the funds will be refunded directly to the student. For Fall 2020, funds are not dispersed to the student account until one-week before the first enrolled session.
Students can email their documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office to initiate a checklist in E-Services so that you can upload the documentation. The contact number for Financial Aid is 281-283-2480.
For any other questions related to the Office of Financial Aid please contact them directly.
If you are experiencing, or expect to experience a financial hardship (loss of employment, medical concerns, etc.) and are unable to make the initial purchase, please email the Dean of Student’s Office email@example.com.