UHCL believes in and advocates the importance of being engaged in one’s community, working towards collaboration, meaningful participation, and positive change. One can be a productive participant through being both actively involved and informed.
Voters registered in Texas vote at the polls in Federal, State of Texas, and local elections.
Voting is an important benefit of United States citizenship. To assist you in exercising your right to vote, UHCL makes voter registration forms available to you on campus at the following locations:
- Hawk Help Desk, Bayou 1632
- Student Assistance Center (SAC), SSCB 1102
- Dean of Students Office, SSCB 1201
- University Forest Apartments, management office
- Pearland Campus, Student Affairs Office
- UHCL Texas Medical Center, lobby
Online, voter registration forms can be requested from Vote Texas.
Constitution Day is an annual celebration of the signing of the U.S. Constitution at the Constitution Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on September 17, 1787. The United States Constitution is the framework of our government and defines
- Citizen rights, including the ability to affect government.
- The separation of the legislative, judicial and executive branches of government.
- The scope of federal and state powers.
We encourage the UHCL community to join us each year and continue learning and appreciating this living document which, plays an integral role in our everyday lives.
Our annual celebration typically consists of information booths, pocket constitution give-aways, constitution informational activities such as trivia, contests, puzzles, photo ops, buttons, games, and educational speakers.