Pay and Schedule Information
Description of Job
- Shelter Food Services: Provides support to the Food Services department by assisting with inventory of
groceries and food supplies, maintaining food pantry by rotating food products, assist
with meal prep and serve, and other duties as assigned.
- Shelter Childcare: The Children's Program Aide provides support to the childcare staff at the emergency
shelter and permanent housing program by facilitating learning activities that promote
cognitive, emotional, and physical growth for children that is age appropriate; assisting
with field trips and other special events.
- Administration: The Office Aid provides administrative/clerical support to the Administration departments
by answering telephones, typing, data entry, filing, making copies, and other duties
as assigned to ensure that administrative duties are completed. Competencies sought
are strong communication skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office, experience in the
office setting, and ability to establish rapport with diverse groups. Some weekends
Qualifications or Preferences
- High school diploma/GED
- Must pass criminal background check
- Some positions require: Must be able to lift/carry 40 lbs.; 6 months in experience with food handling; at
least 1 year experience in food handling/preparation; experience in working with survivors
of domestic abuse, sexual assault, or homelessness; experience working in a childcare
facility or school; at least 6 months in an office setting and bilingual
The University of Houston System is committed to promoting a safe and secure environment
at all of its component universities. The Background Checks for Employees policy (Sam 02.A.37) requires that all new hires pass a criminal background check.
This policy is applicable to all positions, including faculty and adjuncts, full and
part-time, permanent and temporary, as well as student employment in all university
programs, regardless of funding source.