Job Contact Information
Pay and Schedule Information
|Position Title:||Student Tech II|
|Employment Length:||Semester by Semester|
|Hours Per Week:||10-20 Preferred|
|Position Start Date:||ASAP|
Description of Job
Student Organization and Recognition Paperwork
- Maintain full knowledge of the organization recognition packet and process.
- Ensure that all recognition paperwork is received before and on the deadline, and processed accordingly.
- Assign all bulletin boards, mailboxes, and filing cabinets and coordinate key collection and distribution.
- Ensure that all proper paperwork is filled out.
- File all paperwork appropriately.
- Create and maintain all student organization databases.
Facility Request and Event Forms
- Review all Facility Request Forms and Event forms as they are turned in by student organizations.
- Maintain written and electronic calendars and keep them up-to-date, and maintain knowledge of all SLO events to prevent reservation conflicts.
- Continuously notify student organization officers of any date, time, location, need for set-up, signatures, or other conflicts regarding facility requests.
- Scan appropriate paperwork to the Scheduling Office the day received and follow up with pending reservations. Send confirmations to org officers.
- Submit food permits to Risk Management. Send confirmations to org. officers.
- Compile and track parking tokens as needed for each organization.
- File paperwork in the appropriate locations.
- Communicate events, issues, concerns, or conflicts with the Coordinator.
Student Organization Leadership Development (SOLD) Workshops
- Reserve space for workshops provided by the coordinator.
- Prepare all sign-in sheets, handout materials, and assessment materials for each workshop.
- Attending workshops to assist and present materials.
- Contribute to the development of new workshops for student organizations.
Student Government Association
- Attend all SGA meetings (held on Tuesdays).
- Print placards for student organizations to utilize at the SGA meetings.
- Print sign-in sheets each week with updated officer information.
- Announce events and pertinent information at SGA meetings.
Student Activities & Events
- Assist with the planning and execution of each event (not limited to: Student organizations Expo, I Heart UHCL Day, Student Assistant/Leader Appreciation Luncheon, Chili Cook-Off, Student Leadership Banquet, etc.).
- Help with the coordination of all materials and items needed for any events (shopping, making flyers, assessment surveys, etc.).
- Work before, during, and following each event if needed.
Qualifications or Preferences
This individual must process a friendly and professional attitude, be prepared to practice a strong worth ethic, be customer-service oriented and be proactive. This individual must also possess a strong sense of team work, dependability, and be able to effectively communicate in all forms (written, verbal, non-verbal). This individual must also possess initiative and self-motivation.
Expectations include, but are not limited to:
Meet weekly with coordinator to discuss tasks and progress.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and retreats.
- Maintain organized electronic files, paperwork, and area events.
- Make quick appearances at some student organization activities and events.
- Provide high level of customer service at all times.
- Develop strong working relationships with the Scheduling Office, Police Department, Custodial staff, and other key offices that work with student organizations.
- Provide feedback, ideas, and suggestions on how to better serve our constituents.
- Maintain assessment databases for coordinator.
- Ensure all student organizations treat each other equally.
- Assist with training of the next graduate assistant.
- Assist with other Student Life Office related projects, routine tasks, or events.
All candidates must be currently enrolled University of Houston-Clear Lake students. On-campus experience necessary, either through employment or student organization involvement is preferred. Special consideration will be given to graduate students, although undergraduate students will be considered based on experience. Available for two or more semesters is a plus.
The University of Houston System is committed to promoting a safe and secure environment at all of its component universities. The Background Checks for Employees policy (SAM 02.A.37) requires that all new hires pass a criminal background check. This policy is applicable to all positions, including faculty and adjuncts, full and part-time, permanent and temporary, as well as student employment in all university programs, regardless of funding source.