One-time, $1,000 undergraduate scholarship for the spring 2020 semester to three (3) eligible applicants with a heart for practicing community service.
- Applicant must be an undergraduate student from any academic program.
- Preference will be given to students in STEM programs
- Applicant must take a minimum of nine (9) credit hours in a semester.
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.
- The applicant is required to submit an essay describing what practicing community service means to them, also explaining and giving an example of how the applicant has engaged in or been the recipient of community service, and its impact on his/her life.
- Scholarship recipient agrees that his/her name be shared with Holland Lodge No. 1 for invitation to attend a lodge event for recognition and congratulations purposes.
- Financial need may be a preference
Distribution of Funds
Three recipients will receive $1,000 each for the spring 2020
*Recipients selected by UHCL scholarship selection committee
Steps to Apply
- Please log into E-Services and click on "Financial Aid"
- Next click on "Apply for UHCL Scholarships". Do not fill in any information at this point
- Click "Search"
- Holland Lodge No. 1 A.F. & A.M Scholarship should pop up
- Do NOT click on "Apply" **
- Click on "Details" to view the criteria
- Make sure you meet the criteria of the scholarship and prepare the required document before applying **
- Next go back and click "Apply". The aid year you are applying for is "2020"
- Answer the questions and download your document
Once you click on “Apply” and submit the scholarship application you cannot go back to that specific scholarship so you must have documentation prepared before you “Apply”.
A confirmation will appear when the application is submitted.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at email@example.com or 281-283-2480.