COVID-19 Refund Guidance/Information
Summer fees waived
UH-Clear Lake has waived three student fees for the 2020 summer semester. The charges
will be automatically credited to the students' accounts at the time the fees are
Read full communication
3/24/2020 1:03 p.m.
What refunds are being offered to students now that classes have gone online?
All students who paid the following fees will receive a pro-rated credit of those fees toward the student’s account in E-services (Tuition and Fees bill).
Automatic credits, no action is required on the part of the student:
- Parking Fees - effective March 16, 2020, any student who paid for a Clear Lake or Pearland parking
permit will receive a credit from that date through the end of the spring semester.
- Hawk Dining Dollars - all students who had dining dollars on their account and are not continuing as
Hunter Hall residents will receive a credit of any remaining balance of their Hawk
- Recreation and Wellness Center Fees - all students will receive a pro-rated credit for their fees from March 19, 2020, through the end of the spring semester.
Action is required on the part of the student to receive the credit:
- Housing – all Hunter Hall residents who choose to move out for the remainder of the spring
semester will receive a pro-rated credit/refund from the official date that they vacate
Hunter Hall. Students who have not officially moved out, but would like to, need
to email firstname.lastname@example.org. Students need to email email@example.com for credit/refunds.
Vacating Hunter Hall will automatically initiate a credit of any remaining Hawk Dining Dollars for those students as well.
All credits will be applied directly to the student’s account in E-services (Tuition and Fees bill). If there is a balance owed to UHCL in the student’s account, the credit amount will be applied to that balance.
If the credit applied exceeds any balance due to the university, students will have their refund credited back to their credit card or BankMobile preference. UHCL will process credits as quickly as possible.
Students with questions may contact the Student Business Services office at SBS@uhcl.edu.
- Summer 2020 Due Dates
May Mini SessionNoon, Tuesday, May 19, 2020. If payment is not received the Mini Session classes will be dropped.
Early/Open Registration5 p.m., Friday, June 05, 2020 for all methods of payment. If payment is not received by the due date there will be an additional late payment fee of $50.00 added to the student account. If payment is not received before 5 p.m. on Thursday, June 11, 2020 you will receive an additional late payment fee of $50.
Late Registration5 p.m., Thursday, June 11, 2020 for all methods of payment. If payment is not received there will be an additional late payment fee of $50 added to the student account.
Payment Plan Due Dates
*** The payment plan due dates below are for Summer 2020.
- Summer 2020 Payment Plan Due Dates
Short Term Loan25% Due by the payment due date listed above
75% Due on July 22, 2020
Installment #1 - Not available for summer
Installment #2 - Not available for summer
Installment #3 - Not available for summer
Installment #4 - Not available for summer
Extended Due Dates for Spring 2020Summer Due Dates:
- For students taking a May Mini: Fee payment deadline for May Mini is May 19, 2020 at noon; Spring balance must be paid in full by May 12, 2020
- For students taking any other session in Summer: Fee payment deadline is June 5, 2020 at 5pm; Spring balance must be paid in full by May 29, 2020.
- For students only taking Fall courses: Fee payment deadline is August 21,2020 at 5pm; Spring balance must be paid in full by August 14,2020