Important COVID-19 Update
6/30/2020 2:30 p.m.
Student Business Services operations will continue online until further notice. For assistance please e-mail us at SBS@uhcl.edu or call us at (281) 283-2170, option 6.
SBS staff will be available for departmental deposits on Fridays from 9:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. beginning on 07/10/2020.
COVID-19 Refund Guidance/Information
5/28/2020 3:00 p.m.
Summer fees waived
UH-Clear Lake has waived three student fees for the 2020 summer semester. The charges
will be automatically credited to the students' accounts at the same time the fees
Read full communication
3/24/2020 1:03 p.m.
What refunds are being offered to students now that classes have gone online?
All students who paid the following fees will receive a pro-rated credit of those fees toward the student’s account in E-services (Tuition and Fees bill).
Automatic credits, no action is required on the part of the student:
- Parking Fees - effective March 16, 2020, any student who paid for a Clear Lake or Pearland parking
permit will receive a credit from that date through the end of the spring semester.
- Hawk Dining Dollars - all students who had dining dollars on their account and are not continuing as
Hunter Hall residents will receive a credit of any remaining balance of their Hawk
- Recreation and Wellness Center Fees - all students will receive a pro-rated credit for their fees from March 19, 2020, through the end of the spring semester.
Action is required on the part of the student to receive the credit:
- Housing – all Hunter Hall residents who choose to move out for the remainder of the spring semester will receive a pro-rated credit/refund from the official date that they vacate Hunter Hall. Students who have not officially moved out, but would like to, need to email email@example.com. Students need to email firstname.lastname@example.org for credit/refunds.
Vacating Hunter Hall will automatically initiate a credit of any remaining Hawk Dining Dollars for those students as well.
All credits will be applied directly to the student’s account in E-services (Tuition and Fees bill). If there is a balance owed to UHCL in the student’s account, the credit amount will be applied to that balance.
If the credit applied exceeds any balance due to the university, students will have their refund credited back to their credit card or BankMobile preference. UHCL will process credits as quickly as possible.
Students with questions may contact the Student Business Services office at SBS@uhcl.edu.
Tuition Payments at UHCL
We are committed to making your University of Houston-Clear Lake education a valuable, worthwhile investment. We want to make sure you understand the costs associated with your education, and are ready to answer any questions you might have.
You will be responsible for your tuition payments, from keeping track of billing due dates to securing the necessary funds for your tuition. Again, we’re here to help you! All of your bills will be available online when you log into E-Services, and all bills come from Student Business Services so you don’t have to investigate different charges and fees around campus.E-Services LoginFee Schedule CalculatorPayment Deadlines
- UHCL accepts payment in the following methods:
Online PaymentsOnline payments can be made via E-Services by credit card, debit card or e-check. Due to VISA and MasterCard regulations, credit card and debit card payments will only be accepted online. There is a 1.47% credit card processing fee for all credit card and debit card payments.
In Person PaymentsCash, check, money orders, traveler's checks, cashier check payments may be made in person at Student Business Services, Student Services Classroom Building (SSCB) 1103.
Mail OptionMoney orders, traveler's checks, cashier's checks or personal checks payable to UHCL (please include student id number). Mail payments to: UHCL Attn.: Student Business Services, 2700 Bay Area Blvd, Box 106, Houston, Texas 77058
RefundsAll refund payments are done through BankMobile unless the original payment was made via credit card. Refunds to payments made via credit card will be issued to the credit card used for payment.
UHCL can assist you with a payment plan if you need assistance with paying your tuition.
To learn more about the tuition payment process at UHCL, review the catalog or contact Student Business Services. We can assist with the following:
- Student tuition and fee payments and refunds
- Questions regarding methods of payment accepted
- General student account billing questions
- Third-party/sponsor billing
- Payment plan agreements
- Delinquent/past-due account questions
- Federal Perkins loan questions
- Short term loan and installment loan questions