Minitab is a general purpose statistical software for Window-based computers using Windows 7 or higher. Minitab is designed for easy interactive use. Minitab automates calculations and the creation of graphs allowing the user to focus more on data analysis and end results. A minimum free space of at least 2 GB is required. Minitab is compatible with the following browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
The Minitab download is available to all current UHCL students, faculty, and staff. This license will expire each year in September so you must renew it each year. There is no charge to you for this software.
How to Install Minitab 19
- Copy the minitab.lic to your computer's desktop first as you will need it to complete the installation.
- Click on this link: https://downloads.uhcl.edu/install/minitab.zip
- Enter your UHCL login credentials.
- You should see the Welcome to Minitab 19 Setup screen.
- Follow the screen prompts and accept the license agreement.
- How to activate the software? Select “Activate with a license”
- Select a Licensing Method:
- Select File and click Browse…
- Browse to your desktop and select the Minitab.lic file and click
“Open”. It will fill in the file path.
- Click Next.
- Accept the default installation path or browse to save in a different location on your computer.
- Click Next and then Install and follow the prompts.
- Complete all the necessary information to register your software when you first open Minitab.
OIT does not provide technical support for Minitab. If you are having problems downloading this software or for questions about your eligibility to download, please contact the Support Center at 281.283.2828 or email@example.com.