Instructions for Scantron Grading of Tests
Follow these instructions when submitting tests for scantron grading
FILLING IN THE KEY:
- Fill in the word "KEY" in the "NAME" field, left justified. Be sure the word "KEY" is also bubbled in. Must be done or the scanner will not pick up that it is the KEY form.
- Completion of the "SPECIAL CODES" fields is not necessary, however, if it is filled in it must be right justified.
- Fill in the right half of the form with the answers. If number is skipped on the key, that item will be counted correct on the test.
- Should a student have the last name "KEY" they should put their first name first and last name last so that it will not cause the scanner to fail.
FILLING IN THE TESTS:
- The "NAME" field should contain the student's name, in any format you choose. Please ensure that the student bubbled in as the scanning software now requires the names to be bubbled in or they are rejected.
- The SPECIAL CODES field is OPTIONAL. If the Professor uses a code in this field, the student MUST also use the code right justified.
PACKING THE TEST:
- All tests must be submitted for grading inside an interoffice envelope with the scantron work request form on the OUTSIDE of the envelope.
- Please turn in test with one Key and one set of test per envelope.
- When leaving or picking up test, SIGN IN/OUT, on the TEST SIGN-IN SHEET, located in the University Computing and Telecommunications Support Center located in room B2300.
SCANTRON WORK REQUEST:
When filling out the Scantron work request, please make sure all information is legible. The COURSE TICKET NUMBER and DATA FILE NAME fields are optional. Should you have further questions, please call the Support Center at ext. 2828.
EXAMPLES OF SCANTRON FORMS: