- Student Orientation Brochure (Blackboard)
- Getting Started with Blackboard for Students
- Student Checklist for Online Technology Readiness
- Tips for Successful Online Learning
- BB9 Quiz Tips
- Using Blackboard Email
- Video: Ally for Students
- Blackboard Ally Quick Start (Students)
- Blackboard Ally: Download Alternative Formats
There will be a link to Echo360 within your Blackboard course if your instructor is using the program. Students must access Echo360 through the link in a Blackboard course the first time that they use it. Once accessed through the Blackboard link, future logins can be done from either from within Blackboard or from the Echo360 login page.
- Getting Started (Students)
- Echo360 Online Student Help Videos
- Echo360 Mobile App Information
- Student Perspective - Echo360 at UHCL
All UHCL students have access to a Zoom Basic account which can be used to hold group study sessions, virtual student organization meetings, and collaboration on group projects with your classmates. To activate your Basic account, start by visiting the UHCL Zoom login page and sign in using your UHCL email address and password. For self-help documents, use the Getting Started link, located at the bottom of the login page.
- Video: Zoom Meetings for Education
- Quick Start Guide - NOTE: Disregard the information under "Signing up and activating your Zoom account" and "Signing in to your Zoom account on the web." UHCL students should always login through the UHCL Zoom URL, rather than using Zoom's general login page.
- Zoom Video Tutorials
- Using Collaborate in Blackboard Groups
- Student Guide: Using Collaborate to Record a Presentation
- Viewing Unsecured Content
More Blackboard Training and Support
Blackboard Support Site
UHCL uses the Official Blackboard Learn Help Site, where you can:
- Reference information about Blackboard tools and features.
- Access commonly-asked questions in the FAQs section.
- Check out new tips in the In the Spotlight area.
- Enter keywords into the search field provided to look for information on specific topics.
- Access helpful UHCL-specific documents, instructions and videos.
- Learn more about Blackboard Collaborate.
UHCL Online Blackboard Training for Students
There is also an online Blackboard training tool available to UHCL students. The short, self-paced course will introduce you to our Blackboard system and teach you how to avoid technical issues. You can enroll in the training at any time.
Reporting a Technology Problem to UCT
If you have questions, contact the Support Center at 281-283-2828 or email@example.com. When reporting a Blackboard-related issue to the Support Center, please include:
- Your name and student ID number.
- Your email address.
- The rubric, course number, section number, and instructor of the course in which you experienced the issue. For example, please state that the problem "occurred in INST 3313.04, taught by Mrs. Opalenik," rather than the problem "occurred in my Blackboard class."
- The location within the Blackboard course at which you experienced the problem. For example, please state that "I was trying to submit an assignment called Midterm Essay, which is located in the Assignments area of the course," rather than, "I couldn't submit my assignment."
- The date and time at which the problem occurred.
- One or more screen captures of any error messages that you received or that demonstrate the issue that you are reporting, if possible.
- As much information as possible about the device that you were using at the time the
problem occurred. Critical information needed to troubleshoot your problem includes:
- Device Type (e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc.)
- Location (e.g., at UHCL, at home, at work, at Starbucks)
- Internet Connection (wireless or wired; dial-up, cable, DSL)
- Operating System and Version (e.g., MacOS 10.10, Windows 8.1)
- Web Browser and Version (e.g., Firefox 45.0.2,Chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 m)
The more information that you can provide when you report the issue, the faster we will be able to resolve your problem. Please note that no one in the Support Center or Course Development and Support Team can reset, clear, or otherwise alter an assignment submission or test/quiz attempt without written (email) permission of the course instructor.