- Writing Center Receptionist - Closed
The Writing Center is looking for a reliable student to join our staff this summer. The Writing Center Receptionist works at the front desk greeting students, faculty, staff, and visitors. The receptionist manages student requests for appointments, answers phones, enters information into a database, explains policies, emails students, and assists with implementing the center’s vision and mission for university writing practices. With acceptable performance, the receptionist will be rehired for future semesters.
Qualifications or Preferences
Due to the high level of interaction with students in person and over the phone, the candidate must have excellent spoken and written communication skills and be capable of managing student requests with patience and good humor.
Candidate must be able to:
- - Manage the front desk without extensive supervision.
- - Operate a database to schedule appointments and create student accounts.
- - Assist students in the center with minor computer issues, such as problems logging in or using software like Microsoft Word, Blackboard, or Google Docs.
- - Maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Rate of Pay$8.30 an hour
Hours per Week8 - 19 hrs/wk
Preferred Work Hours
We are open during the summer semester:
- Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Students, please indicate your availability on the application.