- Position Closed
DepartmentDean of Students
LocationStudent Assistance Center (SAC) in SSCB
The Student Tech II/Student Associate is part of a student-centered team which provides support and general information to students, parents, faculty, staff, and the UHCL community by phone and in person using best practices in customer service.
- Provide excellent customer service, support, and general information to students, parents, faculty, staff, and visitors by phone and in person.
- Serve as an ambassador for the Dean of Students Office and Student Assistance Center.
- Assist students with enrollment procedures; provide technical assistance for student online registration system and self-service tools.
- Intake academic records forms.
- Research routine problems and inquiries.
- Provide referrals to university offices and resources.
- Perform office/clerical duties, data entry, filing, photocopying and distribution of forms.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Assist with training new staff members.
Qualifications or Preferences
- Current UHCL student in good academic standing
- Verbal and written command of the English language
- Proficient in computer systems and applications
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Capable of managing a high volume of requests with efficiency and professionalism
- Positive attitude, ability to multi-task, team-oriented, responsible and punctual
- Ability to manage time and commitments without extensive supervision
- Must pass criminal background check
The Student Assistance Center offers its employees training in customer service, opportunities to enhance a variety of skill sets, and professional/career development opportunities in a fun, supportive team environment. Students of all majors are encouraged to apply. This is a security sensitive position.
Rate of Pay$8.88 an hour
Number of Hours
10 - 20/week
Preferred Work Hours
- Mon - Thu: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Fri: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Students, please indicate your availability on the application.