DepartmentPearland Campus Library
Location1200 Pearland Parkway, Pearland, TX 77581
PositionStudent Tech I - Pearland Campus Library
This position is primarily responsible for fulfilling functions related to library circulation. This includes:
- Shelving books and other library materials
- Assisting library patrons at the circulation desk
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications or Preferences
- Good organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Good customer service skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds and push book carts weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to engage in physical labor for shifts of 4-8 hours (with regular breaks).
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends.
- Must be enrolled in 9 semester hours each fall/spring semester if undergraduate student, or 6 semester hours if graduate student, and be in good academic standing.
Rate of Pay$8.30/hr
Hours per WeekUp to 18 hours
Preferred Work Hours
- Monday: Indicate specific hours available.
- Wednesday: Indicate specific hours available.
- Thursday: 12:00 - 7:00 p.m. required
- Friday: Indicate specific hours available.
Please indicate your availability on the application.