- Student Diplomat - Closed
DepartmentInternational Admissions and Programs (OIAP)
Assists the front desk by providing optimal customer service, finding solutions to issues that arise and ensuring students/visitors see staff in a timely manner.
Answers phone calls and provides answers to those questions in which they can assist. Answers emails from prospective and admitted students regarding the admissions process and the UHCL experience. Acts as a liaison to all prospective and admitted students.
Provides clerical duties for OIAP including filing, copying, opening mail, labeling papers, scheduling appointments and other related duties. Assists with special events and programs in OIAP including preparation, set up and breakdown.
Qualifications or Preferences
1. Current UHCL student in good academic standing.
2. Effective oral/written communication skills in English.
3. Customer service and student oriented.
4. Ideal candidate is friendly, approachable, team-oriented, reliable, and professional.
5. Open to all UHCL students including domestic and International, undergraduate and graduate, and all majors.
Additional desired qualifications, (1) Texas Driver’s License (2) technical experience with database and website management.
Rate of Pay$8.30 an hour
Hours per Week
10 - 15
Preferred Work Hours
- Mon - Fri: 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sat - Sun: As needed
Students, please indicate your availability on the application.