- Student Digital and Print Media Specialist
Student will assist the digital media coordinator of enrollment management in his/her day to day duties. A UHCL student who is currently seeking a degree in the web, graphic design or digital media area.
The student in this position will assist the digital media coordinator design and publishing of digital and print design for web, social media, and print collateral and promotional items for all areas of enrollment management.
Duties include the following:
- - Be the main contributor to the Office of Admissions social media account. Duties consists of scheduling/writing/posting of content and creating graphic designs on several social media platforms.
- - Design marketing materials using a variety of methods (brochures, forms, flyers, social media graphics, video production, photograph, promotional items, banners, and posters, etc.).
- - Edit existing marketing materials and documents for Office of Admissions and other enrollment departments.
- - Brainstorm with a team on social media campaigns for the Office of Admissions.
- - Complete projects and tasks within all established university social media and brand guidelines.
Qualifications or Preferences
This individual must possess a courteous and approachable attitude, be prepared to practice and enhance a strong work ethic, be customer-service oriented in response to different offices’ needs, be proactive, and is open to design feedback. Also, be willing to voice opinion and ideas to enhance the university’s digital marketing efforts.
Minimum qualifications and expectations include:
- - Must be able to produce design results with limited supervision
- - Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- - Professional demeanor, excellent punctuality and attendance
- - Ability to gain and retain knowledge of all office functions, processes and policies
- - Proven ability to work both as a team member and independently
- - Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- - Effectively manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- - Must have continuous self-motivation
Preference given to applicants that have proven experience in videography, video editing, social media, photography, and photo editing using Adobe Creative Suites. Be prepared to provide a portfolio of design work in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator or Lightroom.
Ability to communicate and connect with students from diverse backgrounds using a friendly and courteous attitude.
Basic knowledge of Adobe Dreamweaver and HTML/CSS is a plus.
Overall job performance reviews will determine employment renewal each semester.
Student employees will be around material containing student/employee ID numbers, student GPAs, and other related information not to be shared by the public and covered under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
DeadlineOpen until filled.
Rate of Pay$8.88 an hour
Number of Hours
15 - 20 hours/week
Hours will never exceed 20 hours per week.
Schedule is flexible. Looking to set a recurring schedule each semester.
Preferred Work Hours
- Mon - Fri: Variable
- Sat - Sun: When needed
Students, please indicate your availability on the application.