Welcome to UHCL
We are excited to welcome you to our campus! Orientation is the next step following the admissions process and our goal is to provide you and your guests with a positive transition to UHCL.
Students with 30 - 44 credit hours are required to meet with an Academic Adviser prior to attending Transfer Student Orientation (TSO). Visit Academic Advising for more information. TSO provides transfer students, as well as their families and guests, a positive transition experience through educational and social programming.
Register for TSO to meet the mandatory orientation requirement and learn how to:
- Articulate university policies and procedures, including policies on academic honesty and Title IX
- Understand social expectations of a UHCL community member through peer mentor interactions
- Appreciate an atmosphere that values diversity and encourages respect for all individuals
- Identify university services and resources that assist in their successful transition
- Understand and appreciate the value of engaging in co-curricular opportunities
- Create spirit and pride for UHCL by understanding the history and traditions of the institution
Transfer Student Orientation (TSO) Sessions
Attendance for the entire session is mandatory.
- Spring 2018 Sessions
January 4, 1 - 6 p.m.
January 13, 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- A $50 orientation fee is applied to an attending student’s overall tuition and fees.
- Guests: $20 nonrefundable fee
- Park: Free in Lot D and Lot R, Campus Parking