Hawk Launch serves as a retention program for incoming students by helping first year students build community with their peers, strengthening connection to the institution, and fostering relationships with faculty, staff, and current student mentors.
Save the Date
Kick-start your first year at UHCL with Hawk Launch! Hawk Launch is a two-day, off-campus retreat that is held late July. Transportation, lodging, meals and many UHCL promo items are included.
- Date: Wednesday, July 26 - Thursday, July 27, 2017
- Eligibility: Incoming UHCL first year students
- Openings: 30 spots
- Location: Camp Cho-Yeh in Livingston, TX
Bus transportation, lodging, and meals are provided.
- Bus Departs UHCL: July 26 at 9 a.m.
- Bus Returns to UHCL: by July 27 at 8:30 p.m.
- Cost: $20, due upon registration to reserve your spot. Non-refundable.
- Deadline: Monday, July 17
A completed Registration Form and Payment guarantees your spot:
By attending Hawk Launch students will be able to:
- Learn about university traditions and spirit
- Connect with current student mentors
- Learn about leadership styles and lifelong learning
- Formulate personal and educational goals
- Develop interpersonal and intrapersonal skills
Incoming freshman students will experience what it means to be a UHCL student and have a solid foundation of pride in the university through the following activities:
- Spirit color teams
- Small group team builders
- Leadership typology analysis
- Friends of Hawk Launch faculty and staff mentors
- Plan of action for your first year
- Hawk Games - a competition between each color team