2018 Hawk Launch
Kick-start your first-year at UHCL with Hawk Launch! Hawk Launch is a two-day, off-campus retreat that will help you build community with your peers, strengthen your connection to UHCL, and help you foster relationships with faculty, staff, and current student leaders, all while having fun!
Thursday, July 19 – Friday, July 20, 2018
Eligibility: Incoming First-Year UHCL Students
Openings: 30 Spots
Location: Camp Cho-Yeh in Livingston, TX
Bus Transportation, lodging, meals and UHCL gear are provided.
Bus Departs UHCL: July 19 at 8 a.m.
Bus Returns to UHCL: July 20 at 9 a.m.
A completed Registration Form and Payment guarantees your spot:
- Registration Deadline: Friday, July 13, 2018
- Payment: $20 (opens June 8)
Due upon registration to reserve your spot. Non-refundable.
Please sign in using your campus username and password.
Example campus usernames: SmithC, or SmithC1234
Contact the Support Center at 281-283-2828 if you have difficulty logging in.
Incoming first-year students will experience what it means to be a hawk and will develop a sense of pride thorough the following activities:
- Team Competitions
- Small Group Teambuilders
- Leadership and Personality Development Workshop
- Friends of Hawk Launch Faculty and Staff Mentors
- First-Year Plan of Action Development
- Hawk Games – Friendly Competitions Between Teams
- Blue & Green Paint Fight
Through attending Hawk Launch, you will be able to:
- Learn more about university spirit and traditions.
- Connect with current student leaders.
- Learn about your leadership style.
- Formulate personal and educational goals.
- Strengthen your interpersonal skills.