The Marilyn S. Sims Leadership Service Award is presented to an alumnus/a whose exceptional contributions to the University of Houston-Clear Lake and its community strengthens and supports the values and the mission of the institution. It is presented to persons whose special qualities and accomplishments merit university recognition.
Award Selection Criteria
Eligibility: A nominee is eligible to receive the Marilyn S. Sims Leadership Service Award if he/she has earned a degree or teacher’s certification from UHCL and has substantially met the following criteria:
- Nominee must be a person who has demonstrated outstanding contributions to the university’s community through leadership and service.
- Nominee must be a person, who in deeds and actions, reflects and recognizes the importance of his/her education through involvement with the university community.
- Nominee must have made exceptional contributions to the university community that strengthens and supports the values and mission of the institution.
- Nominee must be able to accept the award in person at the annual UHCL Alumni Celebration dinner.
- Nominee must not be a current member of the Alumni Association Executive Council.
Use the Alumni Award Nomination Form below to nominate an alumnus for an award. For tips on creating a great nomination, download the Nomination Tip Sheet. Deadline to nominate is Saturday, May 1, 2021.
Past Marilyn S. Sims Leadership Service Award Recipients
Robert C. Hasson Jr., '96 MS, '11 Ed.D.
Ann Hammond, '82 BBA
Joyce Delores Taylor, '04 MA, '06 MA, '08 MA
Cheryl Evans, ’82 MA
Kimberly Barfield, ’01 BS
Marilyn Lunney, ’93 MA