The Marilyn S. Sims Leadership Service Award is presented to an alumnus/a whose exceptional contributions to the University of Houston-Clear Lake and its community strengthens and supports the values and the mission of the institution. It is presented to persons whose special qualities and accomplishments merit university recognition.
Completed nomination forms must be submitted to Development and Alumni Relations no later than March 30 of each year. For more information, call 281-283-2021, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Selection Criteria for the Marilyn S. Sims Leadership Service Award
Eligibility: A nominee is eligible to receive the Marilyn S. Sims Leadership Service Award if he/she has earned a degree or teacher’s certification from UHCL and has substantially met the following criteria:
- Nominee must be a person who has demonstrated outstanding contributions to the university’s community through leadership and service.
- Nominee must be a person, who in deeds and actions, reflects and recognizes the importance of his/her education through involvement with the university community.
- Nominee must have made exceptional contributions to the university community that strengthens and supports the values and mission of the institution.
- Nominee must be able to accept the award in person at the annual UHCL Alumni Celebration dinner.
- Nominee must not be a current member of the Alumni Association Executive Council.
Past Marilyn S. Sims Leadership Service Award Recipients
Ann Hammond, '82 BBA
Joyce Delores Taylor, '04 MA, '06 MA, '08 MA
Cheryl Evans, ’82 MA
Kimberly Barfield, ’01 BS
Marilyn Lunney, ’93 MA