Early Achievement Award
The Early Achievement Award is granted to a University of Houston-Clear Lake alumnus/a (as defined below), age 45 or younger, for significant accomplishments in business or professional life, or for service to the university and/or the UHCL Alumni Association.
Award Selection Criteria
Eligibility: A nominee is eligible to receive the Early Achievement Alumni Award if he/she has earned a degree or teacher’s certification from UHCL and has substantially met the following criteria:
- Nominee must be age 45 or younger as of nomination deadline date.
- Nominee must have achieved a remarkable degree of prominence for someone of their age, through professional achievements or service to the community or UHCL.
- Special consideration will be given to those who have demonstrated unusual initiative by starting an innovative service project, business or some other original enterprise.
- Nominee must be able to accept the award in person at the annual UHCL Alumni Celebration dinner.
- Nominee must not be a current member of the Alumni Association Executive Council.
Nominations for the 2022 Alumni Association Awards are now closed. The nomination process for the 2023 Awards will open in November 2022. For tips on creating a great nomination, download the Nomination Tip Sheet.
Past Early Achievement Award Recipients
Seun Adigun, D.C., M.S., M.Ed., OLY '17 MS
Mary Anne Brelinsky, '00
Michael D. Larrañaga, '98 MS
Kristi Koncaba, '97 BS, '05 MA
Katherine Becker, '03 BS, '06 MHA/MBA
Marla Davis Chandler, '96 BA, '01 MS
Kanchana Weerasinghe, '98 BS, '00 MS
M. Shane Spees, '97 MHA
Mitali Paul, '05 MHA/MBA
Nefertari Brown Mundy, '06 MS, '09 MS
Christa English George, '95 BA
James G. Springfield, '91 MHA
Corey J. Wilson, ’02 BS
Sameer Pande ’02 MS
Chris Wagner ’02 MS
Cris Curnutt Daskevich ’97 MHA/MBA