Important COVID-19 Update - Tours Postponed
Due to the continued threat of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the CDC's recommendations for social distancing, all in person group tours have been postponed for the fall 2020 semester until further notice and will be conducting virtual tours. If you are interested in a Virtual Group Tour for fall 2020 or spring 2021, please submit the form below.
For university and health alert updates related to Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the UHCL Health Alert webpage.
Want to Schedule a Group Visit?
- Times: Mon. – Fri., 9:30 a.m. (excluding holidays, final exam weeks and University closures)
- Length: 2 hours – Your visit includes a presentation and a 1.5-hour walking tour. Wear comfortable shoes!
- Limit: 60 – Groups of more than 60 participants must split the visit over multiple days.
Group Tour Guidelines
- Submission of the registration form does not guarantee your group a tour on the requested date(s). The tour date and time will not be reserved until a confirmation email has been sent by the Special Events team.
- Three (3) weeks’ notice is required for all group visits.
- Groups are encouraged to provide at least three (3) preferred dates for the tour to ensure accommodation. Requested tours are scheduled in the order received and based on the availability of staff and classrooms.
- Group tour size can be no larger than 60 students; once the final headcount has been confirmed, the number cannot increase. If a group is larger than 60 students, the group must split the visit between multiple days.
- All group tours (high school level and below) are required to provide at least one (1) chaperone for every ten (10) students in attendance.
- Elementary and middle school groups are limited to a certain number of available visit slots per academic year. Group organizers are encouraged to complete requests for campus visits early, as visit reservation dates are processed in the order received.
- Requesting institution(s) or chaperone(s) assume all liability for their students while on the University of Houston-Clear Lake grounds. UHCL will not be held liable for any lost or stolen goods, accidents or injuries. In the event that a tour group or member is disruptive or rude, the tour guides and any other member of the Admissions Office staff reserves the right to end the tour or visit at any time.
- Group tours are not available during the first week of each fall and spring semester or finals week of each fall and spring semester. Please check the Academic Calendar on the UHCL website for each term’s beginning and finals week dates.
- Tour group organizers must give at least two (2) business days' notice when canceling or rescheduling a scheduled tour. UHCL reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a tour due to inclement weather in advance and up to the morning of the scheduled tour time.
- Groups traveling to campus should plan to arrive on campus 10-15 mins prior to their scheduled tour time. Current students guide campus tours and are available only during the arranged tour time. Late arrival may result in a modified campus tour, or the cancellation of the campus tour and/or other previously scheduled activities.
- Groups wishing to purchase lunch from Aramark, UHCL’s dining facility, should contact Aramark directly at (281) 283-2653 or FoodService@uhcl.edu to make arrangements for the lunch at least one week prior to the visit date. The Office of Admissions does not assume any liability in the arrangements for or purchase of food on campus.
- If any special requests or an accommodation for a disability is needed in order to participate in this program, the organizer should contact the Office of Admissions at (281) 283-2515 or CampusVisitRSVP@uhcl.edu at least one week prior to the tour to arrange for the accommodation.
To request a date for a group visit, complete the form below.
Any person needing an accommodation for a disability in order to participate should contact the Office of Admissions at (281) 283-2515 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to the event to arrange for the accommodation.