Latest Update: July 21, 2021
F-1 Status Guidelines for Fall 2021
The Office of International Admissions and Programs has received official notification from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) via a SEVP Broadcast that international students at universities returning to pre-COVID instructional methods must return to standard F-1 regulations regarding full-time enrollment for fall 2021.
- Current F-1 International Students who are in the United States in a continuing/non-initial status must enroll in the appropriate minimum number of face-to-face courses are required for F-1 students.
- Continuing F-1 students who are currently outside the United States should contact their International Adviser for their next steps as taking courses online from overseas may not be an option, but will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- New, incoming international students and transfer international students must enroll in the appropriate minimum number of face-to-face courses as required for F-1 students.
- New, incoming international students must enter the United States no later than August 31, 2021.
- Students in their final semester at UHCL who are taking less than full-time credits must enroll in at least one face-to-face course and submit a Request for Reduced Course Load in the ISD Portal by Friday, August 27, 2021.
Please review these quick reference charts to understand your enrollment requirements. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-283-2740 for more information.
|Student Type||Minimum Credits Required||Total Face to Face Credits||Total Online Credits|
Fall Course Modes Explained
|Course Mode in E-Services||Consideration for F-1 status|
|Face to Face||Face to Face|
|100% Face to Face w/ Supplemental Web||Face to Face|
|Hybrid < 50% Online||Face to Face|
|Hybrid > 50% Online||Online|
For additional COVID-19 information please visit the UHCL Health Alert page.