We can help you meet your online educational goals and the Office of Online Education at University of Houston-Clear Lake has developed distinctive advising procedures to assist you in doing that. We have advisers exclusively available to you via online chat, telephone or e-mail to provide assistance for a variety of concerns. To schedule an appointment, call 281-212-1611 (or 281-212-1615).
Additional Assistance for Online Students
We are honored that you selected UHCL as the school for your online degree, so we’ve developed a host of resources to help you succeed.
- Read an e-book on career planning and job information.
- Use an online career exploration tool.
- Search for available jobs and post your resume on Jobs4HawksDownload Cooperative Education information and forms.
- Search for an on-campus job.
- Find remote career appointments using Skype.
- Participate in free, online anonymous screenings for depression, anxiety, PTSD, bipolar disorder, eating disorders and alcohol abuse.
- Download self-help pamphlets on many topics.
- Use and download relaxation and mindfulness exercises to help reduce stress.
- Sign up to share a ride or look for a roommate.
- Access the Student Life Policies Handbook
- Request an appointment.
- Find resources regarding plagiarism/correct documentation tips.
- Report if someone’s health or safety is at risk (CARE).
- Submit a complaint or question.
- Discover Title IX (Sexual Misconduct/Awareness) resources and Salutations training information.
- View the Drop/Withdrawal Checklist before dropping courses or withdrawing.
- Seek assistance in managing E-Services, class registration, transcript requests, and general university business functions.
- Download forms to initially register with the office.
- Request accommodations.
- Request textbooks in alternative formats.
- Access Academic Blue – Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance information.
- Enroll for Student Health Insurance using a credit card or a check.
- Download the form for flu vaccines.
- Read virtual pamphlets on many health topics.
- Have an online tutoring appointment – request one by calling 281-283-2460.
- Send feedback about a tutoring visit.
- Learn about orientation dates.
- Find Friends and Family Resources.
- Access resources for new students.
- View the calendar of upcoming events.
- Learn about becoming an Orientation Leader.
1. View Annual Events Calendar.
2. Access information and learn how to volunteer in the following:
- Resources and programs for a variety of diverse students
- Diversity Leadership Development.
- Guidance for Professional Workshops.
3. Download the Online Student Hurricane Preparation Kit.
4. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram.
5. Register for first generation, women and LGBTQ+ programs and groups.
1. Request that a student organization contact you.
2. Access information about the following:
- Student organizations, Student Government Association and Campus Activities Board events.
- Student organization contact form, Organization Recognition application and SGA forms.
- UHCL Day of Service and other Volunteer Opportunities.
- Student Leadership Conference and Leadership Retreat.
- Services and events offered by Campus Recreation.
- Student ID Cards and UHCL Courtesy Shuttle Bus.
3. Join the CAB, SGA and Student Life social media networks on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter.
Access issues of the university’s award-winning student newspaper, The Signal.
- Review and schedule tutorial appointments.
- Check Supplemental Instruction schedule.
- Complete academic coaching referrals.
- Attend online tutoring appointments for all supported subjects/classes.
- Make an appointment for face-to-face, phone or online tutoring.
- Register for workshops.
- Participate in synchronous chat tutoring.
- Download tip sheets, writing guides and PowerPoint presentations.
Access information about and register for standardized tests such as the LSAT, MAT, Quick THEA and THEA.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Office of Online and Off-Campus Education Advisers schedule dates at the beginning of each semester to take student ID photos at most off-campus sites. Student ID cards are then mailed to students. Refer to your Advisor for specific site information.
Students can order textbooks online from the UHCL Bookstore. Ordering online allows you to specify your delivery method, either shipped to you or held for in-store pickup. A confirmation email is sent when the order has been processed.
No. Tuition does not differ for online, web-enhanced or face-to-face courses.
Visit the Office of Student Financial Aid for questions regarding student financial aid and loans.
Visit the Capt. Wendell M. Wilson Office of Veteran's Service for questions regarding VA benefits.
Yes. However, due privacy issues, some services may not be fully available online. For example, students requesting personal counseling may have to travel to the UHCL Counseling Services department to receive counseling services.
Yes. Academic advisers are available for off-campus students.
Yes. Instructors have assigned office hours and students may meet with instructors during office hours or may schedule an appointment with the instructor. Students should check the course syllabus through Blackboard to view instructors' assigned office hours.
Tuition payments may be made online through E-Services. Students will need to have a student ID number, password and credit card to pay for courses online.
Library services are available online. Students have borrowing privileges and have access to library catalogs and online databases.
Web-enhanced courses are face-to-face classes that may have between one and seven meetings replaced with Web activities.
Students should consult Student Life Policies Handbook for procedures on filing a grievance with an instructor.
Yes. Students may request assistance by contacting Disability Services.
No. Students not officially enrolled in an off-campus course may not attend an off-campus course sections.
Yes. Academic advisers are available to meet students at off-campus locations. Contact your academic adviser to schedule an appointment
Candidate Plans of Study are emailed to students via their UHCL Student Email Accounts; however students may obtain a copy of a Candidate Plan of Study (CPS) by contacting the appropriate Academic Adviser.
The Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration degree may be completed through a combination of courses taken at the Texas Medical Center; online; or at UH-Clear Lake. Both MBA and MHA/MBA graduate program can be completed at the TMC Campus.
Both Pearland Campus and TMC Campus provide computer labs.
Information on parking at Texas Medical Center.
Many TMC employers provide tuition reimbursement for employees, however, you will need to contact your human resources department to determine whether you are eligible for tuition reimbursement through your employer.