Important COVID-19 Update
While the university is operating under Code 2 conditions, the Advising Offices will support students through a hybrid format with minimal in-person staffing.
Appointments are required and must be scheduled in advance; no walk-in or drop-in appointments permitted during Code 2 conditions. Academic advisors are providing services through the following methods:
- Video appointments through Zoom
- Email/Phone appointments
- In-Person appointments
- While not suggested for the safety of students and staff, the office does offer limited in-person appointment availability.
Current students: Please utilize the Navigate App, to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.
Newly admitted transfer students: Please visit the Admitted Transfer Student page.
Prospective Transfer students: Please call or email the Transfer Advising Office so that we can assist you with advising related questions you may have prior to applying to UHCL.
For university and health alert updates related to Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the UHCL Health Alert webpage.
Texas Medical Center Advising
Advisor: Sarah Ali
Texas Medical Center
2151 West Holcombe
Houston, TX 77030
UHCL Pearland Advising
Advisor: Rita Patel
UH-Clear Lake Pearland
1200 Pearland Parkway
Pearland, TX 77581
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Behavioral Sciences B.S.
Interdisciplinary Studies B.S.(Teaching)
Clinical Mental Health Counseling M.S.
Counseling M.S. with School Counselor Certification
Educational Management M.S.
Engineering Management M.S.
Behavioral Sciences M.A.
Industrial/Organizational Psychology M.A.
Academic advising is essential to your success in college. We believe in providing you guidance, support and encouragement. Your adviser can:
- Provide you with assistance with course selection.
- Provide you with accurate information regarding degree requirements.
- Develop and discuss your Candidate Plan of Study (CPS).
- Discuss your progress towards graduation and review your electronic DPR, also known as your Degree Progress Report.
- Assist you in identifying solutions to any academic difficulties.
- Refer you to other university resources for additional assistance.
- Collect School Documents ex (Strategic Management Forms, CPS’s Internship Forms, etc) and forward to appropriate colleges at UHCL.
We are here to support your academic achievements! If you are an undergraduate, first-time degree seeking student who would like to schedule an advising appointment, download the Navigate mobile app. If you are a graduate student, email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about available advising times or scheduling an appointment.