Important COVID-19 Update
Following the order from Harris County, and to protect the health and safety of the UHCL community, all campus operations will continue online, and access to campus will be limited to only essential personnel. Academic Advising services are available over the phone, via email, and video (Zoom).
New Freshman: Please call 281-283-3087 to schedule your advising appointment.
New Transfers with 12 or more hours completed AFTER high school graduation: Please log into your UHCL E-services account, and click on the "Advising Tile" to schedule an appointment.
Current UHCL students: Please utilize the Navigate App, to schedule an appointment with your assigned advisor. If you have any questions, please call us.
For university and health alert updates related to Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the UHCL Health Alert webpage.
Texas Medical Center Advising
Advisor: Sarah Ali
Texas Medical Center
2151 West Holcombe
Houston, TX 77030
UHCL Pearland Advising
Advisor: Rita Patel
UH-Clear Lake Pearland
1200 Pearland Parkway
Pearland, TX 77581
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Behavioral Sciences B.S.
Interdisciplinary Studies B.S.(Teaching)
Clinical Mental Health Counseling M.S.
Counseling M.S. with School Counselor Certification
Educational Management M.S.
Engineering Management M.S.
Behavioral Sciences M.A.
Industrial/Organizational Psychology M.A.
Academic advising is essential to your success in college. We believe in providing you guidance, support and encouragement. Your adviser can:
- Provide you with assistance with course selection.
- Provide you with accurate information regarding degree requirements.
- Develop and discuss your Candidate Plan of Study (CPS).
- Discuss your progress towards graduation and review your electronic DPR, also known as your Degree Progress Report.
- Assist you in identifying solutions to any academic difficulties.
- Refer you to other university resources for additional assistance.
- Collect School Documents ex (Strategic Management Forms, CPS’s Internship Forms, etc) and forward to appropriate colleges at UHCL.
We are here to support your academic achievements! If you are an undergraduate, first-time degree seeking student who would like to schedule an advising appointment, download the Navigate mobile app. If you are a graduate student, email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about available advising times or scheduling an appointment.