HyFlex at Your Pace
University of Houston-Clear Lake's accredited RN-BSN program is ranked among top nursing
programs in Texas and the U.S. by the Nursing Schools Almanac. Our new HyFlex learning option gives you added flexibility to register for required Nursing courses
and choose whether to attend face-to-face or online, synchronously or asynchronously,
all within the same course. Request an appointment with an Enrollment Counselor now.
Program benefits include:
- Complete the program in 30 upper nursing credit hours
- Choose from full-time and part-time course options
- Graduate in 2-3 semesters as a full-time student
- A dedicated nursing advisor and mentor
- Small class sizes
- Highly qualified faculty up to the Doctorate (Ph.D.) prepared level
- Low tuition and scholarship opportunities
Virtual RN-BSN Information Session
Learn more about the program and join in for a live Q&A with our Enrollment Coordinator and Nursing Transfer Advisor. Application fees will be waived for prospective students who register and attend. Only $45 will be waived for International Applicants.
Register By Phone
For registration assistance or to speak with the admissions team by phone, please call 281-212-1690 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Excel in Nursing Leadership
Our curriculum prepares leaders for the future of healthcare in the areas of:
- Evidence-based Practices
- Legal and Ethical Standards
- Technology Integration
- Public and Community Health
- Healthcare Management
The RN to BSN program is designed specifically for licensed registered nurses seeking
a BSN degree.
- RN-BSN Requirements and Deadlines
- An Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN or AAS) or Diploma in Nursing
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 on all college course work attempted
- Complete Anatomy and Physiology I, II and Microbiology with a grade of C or better and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Complete all lower level nursing courses with a grade of C or better and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- A current unencumbered Texas RN License (verification from Texas Board of Nursing website)*
- Apply online (How to Apply as a Transfer Student)
- $45 (Domestic) $75 (International) non-refundable application fee
*Attend a nursing info session or Open House event for a $45 fee waiver
- Submit official transcripts from every college attended.
- Application for admission into the RN-BSN Program follows the same deadline as the UHCL general admissions dates.
Please send your documents to one of the following addresses:
Office of Enrollment Services
1200 Pearland Parkway
Pearland, TX 77581Office of Admissions
University of Houston-Clear Lake
2700 Bay Area Blvd., Box 13
Houston, TX 77058-1002
For more information regarding the application process, please contact the Office of Enrollment Services at UHCL Pearland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-212-1690.
This degree has a specific set of courses you’ll need to complete before you can graduate from University of Houston-Clear Lake. Learn more about the classes that will help you complete the requirements of this degree.
Degree Plan Degree Map
Investigate the direction of your future with this look into the prospective costs of a degree from UHCL.
Tuition and FeesNet Price CalculatorFee Schedule Calculator
Deadlines for Applying
- Transfer Deadlines
Summer 2021Priority - May 1
Final (Summer Session I) - May 26
Final (Summer Session II) - July 1
Fall 2021Priority - August 13
Final - August 18
Online applications close for transfer students after the Priority Deadline, the application will be extended to January 11th on ApplyTexas for Transfer students. Starting January 12th all transfer students interested in applying for Spring 2021 will need to have all official documents (transcripts from every college or university attended and application fee) in hand and will need to complete a paper application. Students who apply after the priority deadline must submit all required documentation with their paper application to the Office of Admissions and will be processed for late registration.
- International Deadlines
Priority – March 1
Final – June 1
Priority – August 1
Final – November 1
Priority – February 1
Final – April 20
Students interested in qualifying for scholarships &/or applying for visas outside the U.S. should apply and submit the application documents/test scores by the priority deadline
*International freshmen applicants will not be accepted for Summer semester.
UH-Clear Lake at Pearland
1200 Pearland Pkwy
Pearland, Texas 77581
Since 2010, University of Houston-Clear Lake at Pearland has proudly served as an upper-level institution serving juniors, seniors, and graduate students in fields like business and behavioral science.
Accreditations and Distinctions
The Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400
Atlanta, GA 30326
Registered Nurse-Bachelor of Science in Nursing Faculty
UHCL RN-BSN Graduation and Job Placement Assessment Data
100% — 2019-2020 (Fall and Spring) Graduates
Job Placement Rate
100% — Fall 2019 Graduates
100% — Spring 2020 Graduates