Earn Your Degree On Your Time
University of Houston-Clear Lake's RN-BSN program is customized for working nursing professionals. You can choose from full-time and part-time course options to work around your busy schedule and earn your degree at your own pace.
Delivered in a blended face-to-face and online format, courses are taught by dedicated faculty at University of Houston-Clear Lake at Pearland in the morning, afternoon and early evenings one or two days per week to meet your scheduling needs. If you are on the full-time track, you can complete the program and earn your degree in as few as two semesters, or part-time in as many as six semesters.
Become a Nurse Leader in a Cutting-Edge Facility
UHCL’s new Health Sciences and Classroom Building at UHCL Pearland sets the ideal
environment to get hands-on training that prepares you to excel in the delivery of
safe and effective care. In addition to classrooms and study rooms, the new facility
includes a nursing simulation and skills lab, as well as labs for chemistry and biology.
Expand your horizons beyond clinical nursing with curriculum that gives you extensive background in evidence-based practice, patient safety, legal issues, ethical standards, technology integration, community health, health care systems and policy trends to be an innovative leader in the future of health care. In the program, you analyze issues in nursing practice that are essential for providing management and leadership in nursing care. UHCL prepares you to achieve higher levels of critical thinking and clinical reasoning to meet the challenges of the evolving healthcare demands.
Request Info Apply Visit
The RN to BSN program is designed specifically for licensed registered nurses seeking
a BSN degree. The RN-BSN degree plan is offered two days of the week in a face to
face classroom experience. The full-time program can be completed in three to five
- RN-BSN Requirements and Deadlines
- An Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN or AAS) or Diploma in Nursing
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 on all college course work attempted
- Complete Anatomy and Physiology I, II and Microbiology with a grade of C or better and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Complete all lower level nursing courses with a grade of C or better and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- A current unencumbered Texas RN License (verification from Texas Board of Nursing website)
- Apply online and pay a non-refundable $45 application fee for domestic applicants and $75 for international applicants.
- Submit official transcripts from every college or university attended. To expedite processing, request transcripts be sent electronically. Hand-delivered transcripts should not be more than 60 days old and in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution. International applicants should review the Office of International Admissions website for additional details of application requirements.
- Verification of Licensure from the Texas Board of Nursing to practice as an RN in Texas will be verified by the Nursing Office after application, transcript(s) and fee payments have been received. This document should not be submitted online through your To-Do List in E-services.
- Application for admission into the RN-BSN Program follow the same guideline as the University of Houston-Clear Lake general admissions dates for fall and spring semesters. For additional information, please visit the admissions website page at www.uhcl.edu/admissions.
Please send your documents to:
Office of Admissions
University of Houston-Clear Lake
2700 Bay Area Blvd., Box 13
Houston, TX 77058-1002
Please request your official transcripts be electronically sent to UHCL. This will ensure faster processing of application.
For more information regarding the application process, please contact the Office of Enrollment Services at the Pearland Campus at email@example.com or 281-212-1690.
This degree has a specific set of courses you’ll need to complete before you can graduate from University of Houston-Clear Lake. Learn more about the classes that will help you complete the requirements of this degree.
Degree Plan Degree Map
Investigate the direction of your future with this look into the prospective costs of a degree from UHCL.
Tuition and FeesNet Price CalculatorFee Schedule Calculator
Deadlines for Applying
- Transfer Deadlines
Spring 2020Priority - January 1
Final - January 21
Summer 2020Priority – May 25
Final (Summer Session I) – June 8
Final (Summer Session II) – July 13
Fall 2020Priority - August 1
Final - August 21
Spring 2021Priority - January 4
Final - January 19
Online applications close for transfer students after the Priority Deadline. Students who apply after the priority deadline must submit all required documentation with their paper application to the Office of Admissions and will be processed for late registration.
*UHCL does not accept students for summer.
- International Deadlines
Priority – March 1
Final – June 1
Priority – August 1
Final – November 1
Priority – February 1
Final – April 20
Students interested in qualifying for scholarships &/or applying for visas outside the U.S. should apply and submit the application documents/test scores by the priority deadline
*International freshmen applicants will not be accepted for Summer semester.
UH-Clear Lake at Pearland
1200 Pearland Pkwy
Pearland, Texas 77581
Since 2010, University of Houston-Clear Lake at Pearland has proudly served as an upper-level institution serving juniors, seniors, and graduate students in fields like business and behavioral science.
Accreditations and Distinctions
University of Houston-Clear Lake Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) degree program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Registered Nurse-Bachelor of Science Nursing RN-BSN Faculty
UHCL RN-BSN Graduation and Job Placement Assessment Data
- 100 % for 2015-2016 (Fall and Spring) Graduates
Job Placement Rate
- 100% for Spring 2016 Graduates
- 100% for Fall 2015 Graduates