Choose Your Track
The RN-BSN program at University of Houston-Clear Lake is customized for you. We understand
that you might be working and cannot commit to a full-time program. That's why we
know you need flexibility and choices. We offer both full-time (where you take 12
credit hours each fall and spring semester) and part-time enrollment.
For your convenience, all nursing courses will be offered in a block format: morning, afternoon and early evenings at the UHCL Pearland Campus. Nursing courses are taught face-to-face and offered one or two days per week, dependent upon the track you've chosen. If you're on the full-time track, it is expected that you will be able to complete the program and earn your degree in as few as two semesters, or part-time in as many as six semesters.
Become a Nurse Leader
We are focused on expanding your horizons and giving you a much more extensive background
in evidence-based practice, patient safety, legal issues, ethical standards, technology
integration, health care systems and policies trends. The RN-to-BSN program at UHCL
will provide you with crucial training in key areas such as communication, leadership
and critical thinking.
You will gain knowledge necessary for effectively managing the complex and ever-changing future of health care delivery. You will be provided with opportunities to analyze a variety of issues in professional nursing practice that are essential for providing management and leadership in nursing care in various settings across the health care continuum and in a variety of settings.
The RN to BSN program is designed specifically for licensed registered nurses seeking
a BSN degree. The RN-BSN degree plan is offered two days of the week in a face to
face classroom experience. The full-time program can be completed in three to five
- RN-BSN Requirements and Deadlines
- An Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN or AAS) or Diploma in Nursing
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 on all college course work attempted
- Complete Anatomy and Physiology I, II and Microbiology with a grade of C or better and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Complete all lower level nursing courses with a grade of C or better and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- A current unencumbered Texas RN License (verification from Texas Board of Nursing website)
- Apply online and pay a non-refundable $45 application fee for domestic applicants and $75 for international applicants.
- Submit official transcripts from every college or university attended. To expedite processing, request transcripts be sent electronically. Hand-delivered transcripts should not be more than 60 days old and in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution. International applicants should review the Office of International Admissions website for additional details of application requirements.
- Verification of Licensure from the Texas Board of Nursing to practice as an RN in Texas will be verified by the Nursing Office after application, transcript(s) and fee payments have been received. This document should not be submitted online through your To-Do List in E-services.
- Application for admission into the RN-BSN Program follow the same guideline as the University of Houston-Clear Lake general admissions dates for fall and spring semesters. For additional information, please visit the admissions website page at www.uhcl.edu/admissions.
Please send your documents to:
Office of Admissions
University of Houston-Clear Lake
2700 Bay Area Blvd., Box 13
Houston, TX 77058-1002
Please request your official transcripts be electronically sent to UHCL. This will ensure faster processing of application.
For more information regarding the application process, please contact the Office of Enrollment Services at the Pearland Campus at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-212-1690.
This degree has a specific set of courses you’ll need to complete before you can graduate from University of Houston-Clear Lake. Learn more about the classes that will help you complete the requirements of this degree.
Degree Plan Degree Map
Investigate the direction of your future with this look into the prospective costs of a degree from UHCL.
Tuition and FeesNet Price CalculatorFee Schedule Calculator
Deadlines for Applying
- Transfer Deadlines
Spring 2018Priority – January 4
Final – January 16
Summer 2018Priority Deadline (Summer I and II)– May 22
Final (Summer I) – June 5
Final (Summer II) – July 9
Fall 2018Priority – August 13
Final – August 27
Summer I and II Priority Application deadline for undergraduate transfer, former and non-degree seeking undergraduate/graduate students. Students who apply after this date must submit all required documentation with their paper application in the Office of Admissions and will be processed for late registration.
*UHCL does not accept students for summer.
- International Deadlines
Priority – March 1
Final – June 1
Priority – August 1
Final – November 1
Priority – February 1
Final – April 1
Students interested in qualifying for scholarships &/or applying for visas outside the U.S. should apply and submit the application documents/test scores by the priority deadline
Freshman will not be accepted for Summer semester
UH-Clear Lake Pearland Campus
1200 Pearland Pkwy
Pearland, Texas 77581
Since 2010, University of Houston-Clear Lake Pearland Campus has proudly served as an upper-level institution serving juniors, seniors, and graduate students in fields like business and behavioral science.
Accreditations and Distinctions
University of Houston-Clear Lake Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) degree program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Registered Nurse-Bachelor of Science Nursing B.S.N. Faculty
UHCL RN-BSN Graduation and Job Placement Assessment Data
- 100 % for 2015-2016 (Fall and Spring) Graduates
Job Placement Rate
- 100% for Spring 2016 Graduates
- 100% for Fall 2015 Graduates