Enhance Your Graduate Psychology Degree Training
Expand your training in psychology with the Applied Behavior Analysis Certificate at University of Houston-Clear Lake. If you've already completed a master's degree in psychology or a related field, this certificate will augment your knowledge of behavior principles, assessment and intervention. You'll also gain valuable practicum experience as you complete your capstone research project.
Take the Next Step to Board Certification
UHCL's Applied Behavior Analysis Certificate meets the coursework and practicum requirements
to sit for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst exam. Behavior analysts are sought
after in schools, clinics and many other agencies for their advanced skills. By narrowing
your focus, you'll expand your options.
Request InformationHow to ApplyVisit
- Applied Behavior Analysis Certificate
Fall: March 1
Spring: Oct. 1
ApplicationBoth university and program applications are required.
• The following two documents must be uploaded to your UHCL E-Services account (assigned after you have completed the ApplyTexas online application):
1) Curriculum Vitae: An expanded résumé describing previous education; all work experience; relevant course work and relevant volunteer activities; any honors, presentations, papers, avocations or other relevant life experiences.
2) Statement of purpose and goals, not to exceed 1,000 words, describing your reasons for wanting this degree and how it fits into career goals.
• Two letters of recommendation, preferably at least one from an academic source, should be submitted directly by the recommenders to firstname.lastname@example.org. No form is required. Recommendations from academic faculty and/or work supervisors who know you well are especially appreciated.
This degree has a specific set of courses you’ll need to complete before you can graduate from University of Houston-Clear Lake. Learn more about the classes that will help you complete the requirements of this degree.
Investigate the direction of your future with this look into the prospective costs of a degree from UHCL.
Tuition and FeesNet Price CalculatorFee Schedule Calculator
Deadlines for Applying
- Graduate Deadlines
New Degree Seeking - December 1
Priority* - January 4
Final* and Session Start - January 16
New Degree Seeking - May 1 (Some programs may not apply)
New Degree Seeking - August 1
Priority* - August 13
Final* and Session Start - August 27
*Former/Non-degree seeking/Certificate Graduate Students applicants who apply after the priority deadline can expect to go through late registration. $50 late registration fee will be assessed.
- International Deadlines
Priority – March 1
Final – June 1
Priority – August 1
Final – November 1
Priority – February 1
Final – April 1
Students interested in qualifying for scholarships &/or applying for visas outside the U.S. should apply and submit the application documents/test scores by the priority deadline
Freshman will not be accepted for Summer semester
Accreditations and Distinctions
The Behavior Analysis program is accredited by the Association for Behavior Analysis International.