You Can Earn an Automatic Transfer Scholarship
At University of Houston-Clear Lake, we love connecting our transfer students with the resources they need to fit in smoothly and effectively. And, we’ve made the process even simpler, especially financially, with our Automatic Transfer Scholarship.
Jumpstart Your Education at UHCL
Students receiving the initial award of the scholarship for the 2020-2021 academic year:
The scholarship award amount is $1,000 per semester, and the application process is quite easy. We use the application you submitted when you applied for admission to UHCL as a transfer student to check if you meet the following criteria:
- Be a new degree-seeking undergraduate transferring from a college or university*
- Hold a transfer GPA of 2.75 or above
- Enroll in at least 12 credit hours (must be enrolled at census date of each Fall/Spring term)
*Freshman students enrolling at UHCL with Early College credits earned while in High School are not eligible for the Automatic Transfer Scholarship. You are encouraged to apply for New Hawk Scholarship and Hawk Advantage Scholarship.
Renewing Your Scholarship
If you meet the renewal criteria, you can receive the scholarship for three additional long semesters (fall or spring only). Your scholarship will be automatically renewed for the second year if you have done the following:
- Received the scholarship in your first year
- Maintained consecutive enrollment in the first two long semesters at UHCL
- Have completed at least 12 credit hours each of the two semesters of the initial award at UHCL before the start of the 3rd long semester
- Maintained a cumulative UHCL GPA no lower 2.75
- Enrolled in and successfully complete 12 or more hours at UHCL each semester
Receiving Your Scholarship
Your Automatic Transfer Scholarship will be credited to your UHCL student account approximately seven days prior to the first class day of the fall and/or spring semester. If you are enrolled for less than twelve (12) credit hours on the 12th class day of that semester, you may have your scholarship reversed, and the credit will become a debit on your accountStudents must remain in the required hours through the census date of the term or the scholarship will be cancelled and you will owe a balance. Students that drop courses after the census date of the term, or do not successfully complete the course, will forfeit the remainder of the scholarship.
If you have any additional questions about the Automatic Transfer Scholarship, contact the Office of Financial Aid.