In fall 2017, our Vision, Mission, Values Taskforce was formed and began the process of drafting and reviewing our new statements.
Since then, various committees, teams and advisory boards have been assembled to launch UHCL's strategic planning process with nine interactive forums for faculty, staff and students held in April and May to discuss the following theme areas:
- Academic Excellence
- Student Experience
- Sustainable Financial Resources and Alignment
- Partnership with Community
- Human Capital and Service-Based Culture
These sessions provided valuable feedback to determine our actual themes, competitive analysis and strategic positioning.
In May 2019, our Vision, Mission, and Values statements were approved by the University of Houston System Board of Regents quarterly meeting. This approval demonstrates the strong support we have from all of our dedicated Regents.
- June 6, 2019: Facilitated Strategic Foundations Workshop (Strategic Management Team)
- Sept. 3-4, 2019: Theme Teams Workshops for subject matter experts to refine themes and overall measures
- Oct. 3-4, 2019: Part 1 - Development of overall strategic objectives and strategy map for each theme (Strategic Management Team)
- Nov. 4-5, 2019: Objective Owners Workshop to determine ownership of strategic objectives to ensure execution
- Nov. 7, 2019: Part 2 - Strategic Objective Owners and Strategic Management Team to review Strategic Objectives, Initiatives, and refine measures/KPIs
We will have many workshops and milestones to move us through the rest of 2019, in preparation to implement our strategic plan in 2020.
Here's a snapshot of our timeline:
For a detailed overview of our 2019 activities, review the rollout presentation.