Important Mileage Information
- Effective January 1, 2020 the mileage rate is .575 per mile.
- Prior to January 1, 2020 the mileage rate was .58 per mile.
- Mileage is calculated using Google Maps.
- Travel voucher claims are limited to the shortest routes as specified below*, with intra-city mileage itemized separately.
- Mileage from the travelers residence is allowed only if it is equal to or less than from UHCL.
- Houston mileage claims over 48.8 miles round trip must indicate complete address and/or part of town; i.e. Sharpstown, Galleria, etc.
- Mileage reimbursement for out-of-state travel may not exceed airfare cost. If a contracted airfare does not exist, the traveler must obtain a written airfare cost comparison from the designated travel agency prior to travel.
- Mileage can only be claimed on the traveler's personal vehicle.
* The number of reimbursable miles cannot exceed the number of miles of the most cost-effective route between two duty points. The shortest route is presumed to be the most cost-effective route.
Mileage List for Common Destinations - roundtrip mileage amounts for common destinations
UHCL Blanket Travel Area - this is a local map for knowing when to use your blanket mileage