The Texas Procurement and Support Services (TPASS) State Travel Management Program (STMP) negotiates discounted rates with rental car companies each year. Travelers are required to use these contracts unless:
- There are no contract vendors available
- A non-contract vendor offers a lower total cost that is available to the general public.
Rental Car contracts are available for business-related travel to: elected and appointed state officers; state agency employees, including employees of institutions of higher education; prospective employees when their travel is being paid by the University; and other persons traveling on behalf of the University, when their travel expenses are paid by the University in accordance with guidelines established by the Comptroller of Public Accounts. Loss Damage Waiver is included with rate. This applies to all university car rental reimbursements no matter the type of funds used. When renting large vehicles (SUV, minivan, van) justification must be submitted as to why this is necessary.
No additional insurance is reimbursable.
How to Use the Rental Car Contracts
1. Reservations for a rental car may be made by contacting the rental car company
directly or if the travel office is booking your flights, have them book the rental
car at the same time.
2. When making a reservation, be sure to provide the state contract rate identifier number. Upon completion of the reservation, be sure to verify the rates and obtain a confirmation number. When picking up the vehicle, give the rental agent the confirmation number and provide the name, University of Houston-Clear Lake or Texas Member contract rate identifier number.
3. Make advance reservations. If you walk up to the counter at the rental car location without a confirmed reservation, cars may not be available for rental.
4. If the vendor is sold out when you call to make the reservation, contact another state contract vendor.
A list of state rental car contracts and additional information is available at: http://www.window.state.tx.us/procurement/prog/stmp/stmp-rental-car-contract/
Reservations can be made by calling the rental car companies directly or by contacting the Travel Office
CD #: TX759; 3 digit pin is UH-
Avis Budget Group Inc.
CD #: F999759
The Hertz Corporation
Agency rate identifier 2120759
Review comparison tables for all vendors' state rates and other contract provisions at: https://comptroller.texas.gov/purchasing/programs/travel-management/rental/vendor-comparison.php