Our mission is to assist faculty, staff and students in seeking out and applying for external research, academic and community activities.
How to Initiate a Proposal with OSP
- Review the Grant Proposal Approval Process and establish a timeline for proposal submission.
- Contact one of the staff listed below immediately to discuss your project ideas and submission deadlines.
- Use the Grants Development Worksheet to help plan your proposal and bring it to your first meeting with OSP.
- If you are using animals or humans for your research, see links to the left and plan to take the CITI training.
- Complete the Conflict of Interest form and forward to your dean for review and signature.
Grant Writing Skills
- Proposal Writing 101
- Budget Development 101
- Navigating Cayuse 424
- Grant Life Cycle
- OSP Internal Grant Approval Process
- Road 2 Research Presentation (9/16/2015)
- Road 2 Research Presentation (4/27/2016)
Proposal Development Services
- Generation of proposal outline from solicitation
- Generation of a timeline of tasks for proposal completion
- Assistance in development of research and management plans
- Assistance in contacting program officers for discussion of proposal
- Providing general university or community information or statistics already on file
- Editing and proofreading
- Check of compliance to agency solicitation and guidelines
- Completion of forms and submission of proposal to agency
Proposal Development Staff
- Lisa White, Grant Development Administrator II, 281-283-3040
- Loretta Derrick, Grant Development Administrator II, 281-283-3019
- Patricia McGee-Welch, Executive Secretary, 281-283-3015