The University of Houston-Clear Lake has an agreement that gives exclusive rights to Chartwells to operate their on-campus food service operation. The Office of Procurement & Payables serves as the liaison between Chartwells and UHCL.
Food Service Waiver Request
When you consider purchasing food for an event, it is important to remember that UHCL Dining Services always has the first right of refusal for your request when using university funds.
However, as we realize that not every food request can be accommodated, we require that you complete a Food Service Waiver Request form for any on-campus catering services.
- All department, groups and/or organizations at UHCL must obtain approval from University Procurement Department via the Waiver Request Form prior to securing any catering services.
- The Food Waiver Request Form must be submitted a minimum of ten business days prior to your event to UHCLProcurement@uhcl.edu
- All requests must include quotes from UHCL Dining Services and the outside vendor.
- Exceptions to this requirement are for orders for an amount of $100 or below, any off campus events or events under $500 at UHCL-Pearland.
Food and Entertainment-Related Accounts
When you are purchasing food for an event, it is also important to remember to check the UH System Fund Restrictions on Food and Entertainment-Related Accounts.
Vending services at UHCL include the following:
- Cold Drinks - The Coca-Cola Company has an exclusive agreement with the University of Houston System to provide cold drinks on campus.
- Snacks and Coffee - Canteen Vending has an exclusive agreement with the University of Houston System to provide the snack and coffee vending machines on campus.
To request a refund from a vending machine, go to the Student Business Services office
in the Student Services Classroom building, Room S1103.
To report any other vending machine issue, please call Procurement at (281) 283-2150 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.