The Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is the component of the accreditation process that reflects and affirms the commitment of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to the enhancement of the quality of higher education and to the proposition that student learning is at the heart of the mission of all institutions of higher learning.
A new QEP is developed every 10 years. For the 2022 QEP, UHCL engaged the entire university community to identify and select the topic, "Attending to Changes in Education - Hawks ACE the 21st Century." Please continue to visit this page regularly to keep apprised of the QEP status.
QEP Steering Committee
The QEP Steering Committee is composed of four subcommittees that oversee the development and refinement of the QEP topic through collaboration with university stakeholders and that address the required criteria:
- Needs Assessment Subcommittee - Includes a process identifying key issues emerging from institutional assessment
- Assessment Subcommittee -Focuses on learning outcomes and/or the environment supporting student learning and accomplishing the mission of the institution. Identifies goals and a plan to assess their achievement.
- Implementation Subcommittee - Demonstrates institutional capability for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the QEP.
- Marketing and Promotion Subcommittee - Includes broad-based involvement of institutional constituencies in the development and proposed implementation of the QEP.
QEP Steering Committee Members
- Kathryn Matthew, Co-chair
- Renee Lastrapes, Co-chair
Needs Assessment Subcommittee
- Randy Seevers, Chair, College of Education
- Caron Park, Office of the Provost
- Ashton Hibbits, Office of Administration and Finance
- Cassandra Heslep, Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
- Martha Hood, University Staff Association
- Kelly Wainscott, Student - COE
- Chris McDavid, Community Representative
- Beth Lewis, UHCL at Pearland
- Bianca Schonberg, International Student Services
- Soma Datta, Chair, College of Science and Engineering
- Neha Singh, Student - CSE
- Michelle Lane, Director Assessment & Accreditation, COE
- Karen Elliott, Office of Institutional Effectiveness
- Renee Lastrapes, Faculty Fellow, Co-chair
- Mary Ramos, Student Success & Initiatives
- Anna Klyueva, Chair, College of Human Sciences and Humanities
- Desi Rios, HSH Faculty Member (subject-matter expert)
- Matthew Perry, Office of Student Affairs/Student Housing and Residential Life
- Nancy Devino, Office of Sponsored Programs
- Rob Bartsch, Center for Faculty Development
- Tanya Djavadzadeh, Student - HSH
- Eric Despard, Advancement Office
- Butch Herod, Diplomacy Institute
Marketing and Promotion Subcommittee
- Troy Voelker, Chair, College of Business
- Veronica Ortiz, Staff, Center for Faculty Development
- Andrea Alvarado, Student - COB
- Suzette McDowell, UHCL Alumni
- Dwayne Busby, Strategic Partnerships