The University of Houston-Clear Lake is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureates, masters, and doctorates. Questions about the accreditation of the University of Houston-Clear Lake may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
SACSCOC Accreditation Resources
- Principles of Accreditation: Foundation for Quality Enhancement
- Resource Manual for the 2018 Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement: This manual is a companion piece to the 2018 Principles of Accreditation, providing detailed guidance with notes, rationale, questions and documentation recommendations.
UHCL - SACSCOC Resources
- Compliance Assist (access limited)
- Assessment Presentation
- Substantive Change Policy
- UHCL Program Inventory with CIP Codes
- UHCL 2012 Reaffirmation of Accreditation (password protected)
- UHCL 2018 Fifth-Year Interim Report (password protected)
SACSCOC Position Statements on COVID-19
- SACSCOC Position Statement: Economic Impact During Pandemic
- SACSCOC Position Statement: Educational Quality During Pandemic
- SACSCOC Position Statement: Institutional Planning and Assessment During Pandemic