Core Curriculum Assessment Results
- Core Curriculum Summary Report, Academic Year 2017-2018
- Core Curriculum Objectives and Attainment, Academic Year 2017-2018
- Core Curriculum Objectives and Attainment, Academic Year 2016-2017
- Core Curriculum Objectives and Attainment, Academic Year 2015-2016
- Core Curriculum Objectives and Attainment, Academic Year 2014-2015
Current Assessment Plan
THECB requires institutions to assess the six core objectives and provide reports to the THECB. As part of these reports, institutions are required to report on direct measurement of student learning for the six core objectives, provide descriptions of the assessment process, and detail follow-up actions.
Faculty who teach each Foundational Component Area course determine how to assess each of the designated 3-4 Core Objectives for that course. These assessments may be projects, presentations, or tests embedded in the course. Regardless of the method the faculty use for assessment, the faculty who develop this process are also responsible for developing a table of how these assessment scores translate to the ratings of Unacceptable, Acceptable, and Excellent. The faculty report the method of assessment, the translation table, a roster of each individual student’s rating to the Office of Planning and Assessment at the end of each semester the course is taught. All six core objectives are covered each semester and all core faculty report each semester.
Pilot Assessment Plan - Spring 2018
Assessment by Foundational Component Area
The University of Houston-Clear Lake is revising its current core course assessment to a process focused on the Foundational Component Areas. Below are documents which faculty can use to develop their assessment plans, implement their strategies, and prepare an action plan using the assessment results. For Word or Excel documents, please contact the Office of Assessment and Planning.
- Instructions Core Curriculum Assessment Plan
- Core Curriculum Assessment Plan Template
- FCA Core Objective Templates
- UHCL Core Student Learning Outcomes
- Rubrics for Core Student Learning
- Core Curriculum Assessment Results Template