Planning and Assessment contributes to the mission of the university by promoting and leading institutional effectiveness activities. It works closely with the President and Provost to track the progress of the university strategic goals; monitors and reviews assessment activities of academic programs and support units to improve learning and teaching; supports compliance with the State of Texas, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and other accrediting bodies; and works closely with the Quality Enhancement Plan leadership committee to ensure the plan is developed and implemented according to the standards established by SACSCOC.
- For outcomes that require funding, the school with consultation with its faculty will develop a school level funding priority list; the divisions with consultation with their respective units will develop a division level funding priority list.
- Programs and support units enter funding requests into the Funding Request Excel spreadsheet. (Download the Funding Request Form located below the planning calendar).
- The schools and divisions forward their school level and division level priority lists to the components (President, Provost, VP for A&F). The components combined funding priorities will go through the shared governance process for review and recommendation to the President.
- Assessment Calendar, Training, and Workshops 2020-2021
- Planning and Budget Calendar
- Funding Request Form
Assessment Training/Virtual Meeting Calendar 2020
Schedule an appointment with an Assessment Coordinator for one-on-one training via Teams/Zoom between May 1-October 30. Receive instructions on assessment in general and on creating and completing an assessment plan.
Assessment Virtual Meetings
The AMS coordinators can help in completing your assessment plans for AY19-20 and AY20-21 virtually. Contact an assessment coordinator to schedule a Teams or Zoom meeting. Assessment Coordinator information is below.
October 31, 2020 - Deadline to submit all Assessment Plans.
Co-Curricular and Administrative Plans
Executive Director of Planning and Assessment