Planning and Assessment contributes to the mission of the university by promoting and leading institutional effectiveness activities. It works closely with the President and Provost to track the progress of the university strategic goals; monitors and reviews assessment activities of academic programs and support units to improve learning and teaching; supports compliance with the State of Texas, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and other accrediting bodies; and works closely with the Quality Enhancement Plan leadership committee to ensure the plan is developed and implemented according to the standards established by SACSCOC.
- For outcomes that require funding, the school with consultation with its faculty will develop a school level funding priority list; the divisions with consultation with their respective units will develop a division level funding priority list.
- Programs and support units enter funding requests into the Funding Request Excel spreadsheet. (Download the Funding Request Form located below the planning calendar).
- The schools and divisions forward their school level and division level priority lists to the components (President, Provost, VP for A&F). The components combined funding priorities will go through the shared governance process for review and recommendation to the President.
UHCL Assessment Committee
- Direct and Indirect Methods
- Civic Engagement VALUE Rubric
- Creative Thinking VALUE Rubric
- Critical Thinking VALUE Rubric
- Ethical Reasoning VALUE Rubric
- Global Learning VALUE Rubric
- Information Literacy VALUE Rubric
- Inquiry Analysis VALUE Rubric
- Integrative Learning VALUE Rubric
- Intercultural Knowledge VALUE Rubric
- Life Long Learning VALUE Rubric
- Oral Communication VALUE Rubric
- Problem Solving VALUE Rubric
- Quantitative Literacy VALUE Rubric
- Reading VALUE Rubric
- Teamwork VALUE Rubric
- Written Communication VALUE Rubric
- All About Rubrics