Academic Planning and Assessment contributes to the mission of the university by promoting and leading institutional effectiveness activities. It works closely with the President and Provost to track the progress of the university strategic goals; monitors and reviews assessment activities of academic programs and support units to improve learning and teaching; supports compliance with the State of Texas, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and other accrediting bodies; and works closely with the Quality Enhancement Plan leadership committee to ensure the plan is developed and implemented according to the standards established by SACSCOC.
Planning and Budget Calendar
Funding Request Form
Assessment Consent Form Example
October 15, 2021 - Deadline to submit all Assessment Plans to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assessment Plan Resources
Availability: Monday 9:00am-11:00am, Thursday 1:30pm-3:30pm (tentative)
Co-Curricular and Administrative Plans
Availability: Tuesday 10:00am-1:00pm, Thursday 10:00am-1:00pm (tentative)
Schedule an appointment with an Assessment Coordinator for one-on-one or group training
via Teams/Zoom or in person. Receive instructions on assessment in general and on
creating and completing an assessment plan in order to be SACSCOC compliant. Submit
request for an appointment to your designated Assessment Coordinator or to email@example.com. Trainings will run from September 1, 2021 - October 15, 2021.
- For outcomes that require funding, the school with consultation with its faculty will develop a school level funding priority list; the divisions with consultation with their respective units will develop a division level funding priority list.
- Programs and support units enter funding requests into the Funding Request Excel spreadsheet. (Download the Funding Request Form located below the planning calendar).
- The schools and divisions forward their school level and division level priority lists to the components (President, Provost, VP for A&F). The components combined funding priorities will go through the shared governance process for review and recommendation to the President.
UHCL Assessment Committee 2021-2022
- Ms. Miriam Qumsieh, Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Co-Chair
- Ms. Karen Elliott, Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Co-Chair
- Ms. Carmen Conley, Office of Institutional Effectiveness
- Dr. Kathryn Matthew, Office of the Provost
- Dr. Kevin Wooten, UHCL Chief Strategy Officer
- Dr. Joan Bruno, College of Business
- Dr. Troy Voelker, College of Business
- Dr. Jason Murasko, College of Business
- Dr. David Garrison, College of Sciences and Engineering
- Dr. Samuel Gladden, College of Human Sciences and Humanities
- Dr. Felix Simieou, College of Education
- Ms. Michelle Lane, College of Education
- Dr. Yvonne Hernandez Friedman, Student Affairs
- Mr. David Rachita, Dean of Students
- Ms. Iliana Melendez, Dean of Students
- Dr. Lee Young, Strategic Enrollment Management
- Ms. Mary Ramos, Student Success & Initiatives
- Mr. Mark Denney, Admin and Finance
- Ms. Krista Buckminster, General Accounting
- Ms. Debbie Carpenter, Procurement
- Mr. Joseph Staley, University Advancement
- Ms. Kim Herhold, University Advancement